Reload this Page >

Retracting a dumb post

Search

Retracting a dumb post

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 06:23 AM
sorry

Retracting a dumb post

OK, we've all said things we later wished we hadn't. So, tell the truth: Have you ever posted something here and later said, "I wish I hadn't written that." Details?

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 06:24 AM
unforgiven

I wish people didn't share their stories about their bowel movements yesterday! What a thread!

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 06:25 AM
Leone

Almost all of it, especially recently ... I'd have been wiser to expend the energey elsewhere. Just what the HELL has happend to this site???? Ciao

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 06:56 AM
kal

L,
Agree. Been out actually working and I come back to all of this?

Guess a lot of people are not traveling and now sitting in front of their computers in their Hawaiian shirts, checked shorts, knee-hi dark sox and sandals?
Aloha

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 07:03 AM
Suzie

Kal,

What no countdown?

I'm with L, what's with some of these posts anyway? It actually seems worse than it was in the summer.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 07:07 AM
L

I've been hanging out on the European and African boards, but will definitely be back to the USA for some future trips ... e.g., if anyone knows restaurants near Boyne Mountain Resort in Michingan, I would dearly love your advice ... have to be there several days later this month. And I'm without a clue on food. Thanks, and ciao

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 07:36 AM
justcurious

Re: CIAO-I was told by an Italian lady that the use of the word "ciao", is only for family and friends, being a familiar way of saying good by-see you later.I am seeing it used all the time on these boards,is this because you are all friends/family? or is it your way of sounding "Continental"?

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 08:00 AM
Ess

I would say just let it sink. I've allowed myself to become involved in silly spats on a couple of threads (not recently, however) that I wish I hadn't. As L says, it isn't worth the energy. Just let it go. If you feel you owe someone an apology, then apologize, and let it go.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 09:16 AM
Leone

Ciao is interesting as a word and concept ... yes, reserved normally for friends, family, students, youngsters ... but the most interesting aspect is it's both a "hello" and a "goodbye" ... so, I may be formal with you, if you prefer, and offer you an "arrivederci" ... if that makes you happy ... or if that's too close, then step behind the counter, offer me a service, and I shall lay an "arrivederLa" on your subservient self. But for the rest, with whom I elect to feel a bit closer, ciao will do very nicely. Continental ... well, a classic, and passed everything on the road except a gas pump. Ciao