Search

Retail therapy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 12:31 PM
jon

Retail therapy

We are staying in New York over new year from London and have heard of a serious discount mall about 1 Hour's drive north of the city. Can anyone advise what it's called and how we might best get their? Bus, Limo,etc also if it will be open on New Years day

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 12:39 PM
howard

You are probably talking about Woodbury Common, an outlet mall about 1 1/2 hours north of the city. There buses that regularly go there, leaving from the Port Authority Building in midtown Manhattan. If you're a shopper, it's definitely worth the trip.

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 05:32 PM
Caitlin

Pretty much all retail save for supermarkets and drugstores are closed New Year's Day.

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 06:25 PM
mo

Caitlin I don't know if that is true about all retail stores these days. Believe it or not most of our malls down in D.C. were opened last yr. The poor clerks.

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 09:38 PM
annk

You may mean Franklin Mills, which is just north of Philadelphia and about an hour and a half south of the city oh and just after Christmas there should be bargins galore.

When you get there purchase a discount coupon book for additional savings. We bought a beautiful leather jacket there, lambskin that was marked $360 and the price was $69 with an additional 15% with the coupon. The coupon book will pay for itself. There are alot of store there and I have always gotten great bargins there.