RESTAURANTS NEAR GRAND HYATT

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY DAUGHTER AND FRIEND WILL BE IN THE CITY 3 NIGHTS IN MARCH. ARE THERE ANY RESTAURANTS NEAR THE GRAND HYATT THAT 28 YEAR OLDS WOULD LIKE? THEY WILL BE LOOKING AT APTS SO WON'T HAVE MUCH TIME BUT WOULD LIKE TO EAT AT NICE RESTAURANTS AT NIGHT. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 05:33 PM

Well for starters there are about a dozen in Grand Central Station which is right next door.

Old Mar 11th, 2005, 07:10 PM

Uhm Ic4637. What Grand Hyatt? For example there is one on Stockton St. in SF. Is that the one you are referring to?

Also, a gentle remiinder. All caps is like screaming. I am sure you did not know that so I am mentioning it for future reference.

Perhaps it would be better if you reposted stating the city where your daughter will be staying in. And only use caps where approriate.

I am sure that you will consequently get some wonderful suggestions from people here on this board.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 05:09 AM

This post comes up for NY so I'm assuming you mean the Grand Hyatt in NYC which is at 42 st & Lexington Ave. right at Grand Central Station. The immediate area is more a business area, so while there are some very nice restaurants, they do tend to be a bit pricey.

The famous Oyster Bar is IN Grand Central station on the lower level. They should definitely try it, even if just for a bowl of clam chowder. Also in Grand Central is Junior's, famous for their cheese cake. The Campbell Apartments again in Grand Central is a great place for a drink. There's a Two Boots (NY chain of pizza restaurants-very good)also in Grand Central.

Salute on Madison Ave. & 39 st is a nice Italian with a bar area up front with tables where you can just get a pizza. Good food, not cheap but not outrageous. Chez Laurence may be their best "neighborhood" bet for a nice French bistro that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner at reasonable prices (and their own bakery).

Old Mar 12th, 2005, 05:10 AM

Chez Laurence is on Madison & 38 st.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 05:38 AM

I've heard good things about Osteria Laguna on 42nd St. between 2nd & 3rd Aves.