Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Waikiki/Oahu?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 10:30 PM
Adolfo

Any suggestions on where to eat in Waikiki/Oahu, both expensive and inexpensive? Any unique, fun places? Any suggested dinner cruises.

Thank You
Adolfo

Old Apr 9th, 1999, 06:03 PM
Cheryl Z.

aloha Adolpho - if you like Italian food, may I suggest either of the Verbanos locations, just minutes from Waikiki. Or Aunti Pasti's. You can find them in the yellow pages or your hotel people should be able to tell you where they are. Or conveniently right in Waikiki, one of our favorites, just a little hole in the wall but that makes it more authentic - Arancino, on Beachwalk Dr. All are reasonably priced and excellent food.

Old Apr 9th, 1999, 06:03 PM
Cheryl Z.

aloha Adolpho - if you like Italian food, may I suggest either of the Verbanos locations, just minutes from Waikiki. Or Aunti Pasti's. You can find them in the yellow pages or your hotel people should be able to tell you where they are. Or conveniently right in Waikiki, one of our favorites, just a little hole in the wall but that makes it more authentic - Arancino, on Beachwalk Dr. All are reasonably priced and excellent food.

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 09:10 AM
Emily

We went down to Chinatown almost every day, bought a lot of prepared food (roast duck, soy sauce chicken, barbequed pork, fried noodles), took it back to our room and had our own private banquet. Of course, we had a kitchenette suite, which helped.

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 03:43 PM
gianni

Aloha!
Verbano's defenatly the most convenient,
but don't be one way minded, in waikiki you'll find good places at a fixed menu': they are not so bad!
Stay away from Antonio's.
Ciao e divertiti.

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 06:14 PM
Linda

Duke's at Outrigger WAikiki is fun, good food, entertainment. For a nice meal, Prince's Court at Prince Hotel (near yacht club) is very good, nice view over the harbor. Also love Sam Choy's, Kincaid's (in Ward's), Arthur's, Secrets (Hawaiian Regent).
Dinner cruise..take one that has an open deck..be sure to be out on the water after sunset..the view of HNL from the water at night is spectacular. One of my favorite views in Hawaii. Be sure to look up too..the stars at night! Enjoy!

Old May 21st, 1999, 12:16 PM
Greg

Restaurants from a local's perspective:

Inexpensive (less than $12 per person)
- Ono's Hawaiian Foods (hawaiian)
- Aunti Pasto's (italian)
- Angelo Pietro (italian/japanese)
- Dai-ryu (japanese ramen)
- Hanaki (japanese)
- Hee Hing (chinese)
- Kyotaru (japanese)

Moderate ($12 - $20 per person)
- Duke's Canoe Club (pacific/amer.)
- Sushi King (japanese)
- Yanagi Sushi (japanese)
- Paesano (italian)
- China House (chinese)
- Indigo (eurasian)
- Chiang Mai (thai)
- Hale Vietnam (vietnamese)

Expensive ($20 - $35 per person)
- A Pacific Cafe (pacific/french)
- 3660 on the Rise (pacific/asian)
- Roy's (pacific/asian)
- Sam Choy's (pacific/hawaiian)
- Alan Wong's (pacific/asian)

Off da Chart ($35 and up per person)
- Chef Mavro (pacific/french)
- Hoku's (pacific/asian)
- David Paul's (pacific/american)
- Padovani Bistro (pacific/french)

Enjoy!

Old May 21st, 1999, 06:49 PM
Lottie "Tiare" Tagupa

Aloha from Hawaii!

Makai Marketplace at Ala Moana Center is
a food court area of some of the best and very inexpensive places to eat on Oahu. There are so many different places to eat there that you can virtually eat your way around the world in the space of your Oahu vacation. Hawaiian, Thai, Italian, Korean, Japanese and Chinese foods are represented and all are good!

A hui hou!
Lottie "Tiare" Tagupa
http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/hawaii

Old May 22nd, 1999, 12:32 AM
Ingrid Steinwascher

Adolfo - As another islander, I will second all of Greg's suggestions. In my opinion, he did a great job of hitting the very best restaurants in every price category. Don't overlook Tiare's suggestion about the food court at Ala Moana, or Emily's suggestion to hit Chinatown. Both will give you a great variety of food choices - and oh, the atmosphere! ENJOY!

Old May 22nd, 1999, 12:51 AM
Rebecca

For delicious buffet in a lovely atmosphere (especially in the evening) try Trellises at the Outrigger Prince Kuhio Hotel. If you have the Hawaii Entertainment card, there is probably a 2 for 1 coupon for dinner there. Try to get a seat by the window looking out on the little park-like courtyard.
I would add about Duke's, that you can have dinner (not lunch) out on a patio right on Waikiki beach. Also, depends what you are looking for, but the bar side of Duke's can get pretty raucous!