Restaurants in St. Francisville and Lafayette

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 08:10 AM
Brenda

Restaurants in St. Francisville and Lafayette

Can anyone recommend good restaurants in St. Francisville and Lafayette, La. Don't want to have to dress in jacket and tie to get in. Thanks.

Old Sep 10th, 1999, 11:15 PM
Kate

Brenda:

There is a great restaurant in Breaux Bridge, not far from Lafayette, called the Cafe Des Amis.

Kate

Old Sep 11th, 1999, 03:29 PM
Kay

A few years ago we had a very good dinner at Prudhomme's Cajun Cafe in Carencro which neighbors Lafayette. Casual atmosphere.

Old Aug 14th, 2000, 02:06 PM
Bob

Amen on Cafe des Ami. They also do breakfast and lunch. On Saturday mornings, it's a "Zydeco breakfast" which will surely wake you up.

By the way, des Ami runs a bed and breakfast too. See cafedesami.com.

Mulate's in Breaux Bridge, the original of the ones in Baton Rouge and New Orleans, has good cajun food, plus live music every night. Both locals and natives, and everyone dances.

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 04:19 AM
Maurice

Brenda:
Highly recommend Cafe Des Ami in Breaux Bridge. Very casual, great food and great atmosphere.
Outside of New Iberia (near St. F.) is a small restaurant called the Guiding Star. Very simple great crabs,crawfish and cold beer. Very local but good. Not far from St. Francisville. Also make sure you visit the Tobasco factory!

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 04:15 AM
Lily

We stayed in St. Francisville this summer and there is a great little bar/restaurant going into town on the right. I can't remember the name but there are only one or two places in town. The other one is called Magnolia Cafe and has a good reputation for lunch.

About 10 minutes North of SF there is a place called "South of the Border" this was highly recomended by our innkeeper, it was ok, but the food wasn't all that special.

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 06:07 AM
Kristi

We also stayed in St. Francisville for a night this summer -- and I'd also recommend the restaurant from the previous post but I can't remember the name either! I beleive it might have been a man's name, a casual place, with the bar and restaurant in the same room, but will good southern/LA food (I had yummy chicken fried steak). Beware that St. Francisville is a very small town. The inn where we stayed gave us a list of local restaurants with they days they were open -- many weren't (including the Magnolia Cafe) on some weekdays.

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 07:09 AM
topper

Old Sep 2nd, 2000, 11:14 AM
Tom

In Lafayette, I have always enjoyed Cafe Vermillionville. For lunch, you can't beat Dwyer's (sp?) cafe on Jefferson. It may be only a plate lunch place, but the fare and peole are great. For a real local scene, try La Fonda for dinner. The food isn't great, but the local color is wonderful, and the margartias are the best I have ever had.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 06:44 PM
Julie

I think the name of the place in St Francisville is Sammy's. I once stayed at The Bluff's on Thompson Creek. Nice place and good restaurant. I recommend it if you are not into the B&B.