Reload this Page >

7 mos pregnant in Disneyworld.........

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 05:34 AM
Lucy

I'll be going to Disneyworld in Orlando next month with my 15 month old and my husband - is there soo much to do that I don't have to worry about NOT going on rides? I'll be there for a week...
Suggestions??? I like going on rides, but I guess I can't at 7 months, huh??
THANKS GUYS> LUCY

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 05:40 AM
mms

If your health is ok, you should be able to do anything that your 15th month old is able to do. Enjoy the pools, ride the baby rides, go on all the gentle (and long) Epcott rides. Avoid standing in long lines and have a pleasant time.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 05:45 AM
Larry

Lucy: You should (obviously) check with your doctor about what you can and cannot do during the trip. But I will say there are plenty of "non-thrill" rides in all of Disney's parks, as well as Universal studios. And of course there is Seaworld (not a "ride" oriented park.). So, to answer your direct question, no, I don't think being 7 months along will rule out too much in Orlando to make it worth the visit.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 05:55 AM
lucy

thanks guys!!
any specific must dos??

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 06:24 AM
Patrick

Not to imply that you need it, but you might consider getting a wheel chair at the entrance. Not only will it keep you off your feet for long lines, but it will allow you to go to the head of the line. I think it's terrible, but a lot of people get a wheelchair when they don't even need one at all just to skip standing in lines. In your case, I think it would be justified.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 06:25 AM
Patrick

OOPS! Maybe that wasn't too bright. I just had a flashing image of your husband trying to push a stroller and a wheelchair at the same time.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 06:30 AM
lucy

Pat, that was a cute idea.. I just might go with it.. I have been getting exhausted already!!!

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 06:32 AM
ilisa

Just to clarify something. Many rides no longer let wheelchair users go directly to the head of the line. Many now make them wait with everyone else, for the precise reason Patrick cited.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 06:37 AM
Patrick

Sort of glad to hear about the new policy --haven't been up in a couple of years. But isn't it sad that some people have to ruin it for those who need it? I remember one time there we kept running into a group of 6 college age visitors. One was in a wheelchair with a big leg brace on. We saw them several times throughout the day and each time it was a different person in the chair with the brace. They were going to the front of every line and receiving great sympathy.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 06:51 AM
cherry

As a recent Floridian the only suggestion I have is to go to MGM in the evening. This park seems to thin out quite a bit at night and they have an amazing light show that you must see. Also at MGM is the Little Mermaid
show, it sounds silly but trust me it's worth the time. It's a mix of special effects and live preformers. You will fing much to do as there is so much to see that the few big and fast rides aren't inportant. The only other tip is if you have the time be sure to go to Sea World. After living there a year I finally went after much convincing and it's wondeful. Great shows, wonderful exhibits and a chance to feed and pet some dolphins, it's a must do in Orlando.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 07:11 AM
trtevor

If you are 7 months pregnant and you are going next month that will make you eight months pregnant, not a candidate for the walk-intensive nature of WDW. If you must go, stay at an on-site resort, such as the WDW BEach and Yacht Club, which is across a lagoon from Epcot and the shops and restauraunts at Boardwalk. If you get a room facing the lagoon, you can see the Eiffel Tower in epcot, as well as they spectacular fireworks show that happens every night without even leaving. The resort is kid-friendly in every way, and the shallow, huge swimming pool has a sand bottom and a water slide. Buses and boats take you everywhere you need to go right from the hotel. Beware---Florida can be just as hot in November.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 07:38 AM
m

Just a comment on how sad it is that people abusing wheelchairs make it difficult for people who truly need them. I have traveled to Disney world twice with my wheelchair bound father-in-law. His chronic Illness (MS) makes him very weak in heat so he cannot tolerate long lines in warm weather. Disney treated us wonderfully on both trips - perhaps the employees are trained to somehow spot those truly in need of help.

The above post about the wheel chair and the stroller almost made me chuckle - 10 years of time helps. When our daughter was two, my husband developed a serious case of antibiotic induced gout in his knee during a business trip to Florida. The convention was in Disney World and the Disney people were wonderful about helping us find a doctor and providing us with a wheelchair accessible room. We did visit Epcot and the magic kingdom with me pushing the wheelchair with my husband's leg sticking straight out and our two year old sitting on his lap - Thank Heavens no one doubted our need and we were given shorter line privledges - It was about the only thing that saved that difficult trip.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 09:47 AM
cmcdaniel

This thread reminds me of our family's comical appearance at Epcot a few years ago. Our adult (20 something) kids came into Savannah where we lived at the time to spend vacation with us. First day out of the box, I took a misstep in aerobics class and tore the belly of my calf muscle, putting me on crutches. Next day we were at the beach in Hilton Head, me watching the rest of the family glumly from my beach chair, crutches beside me, as they played their frisbee gamces. Daughter went up for a catch, fell coming back down....and broke her arm, so now she's in a cast to her shoulder. Next day we go to Epcot and did we ever look like a train wreck!! gt; I was determined not to get into a wheelchair, but 10 min on crutches in that heat and I capitulated.

I must say, I would have gladly stayed in line in the wheel chair, but we were allowed to go to the head of every line. It still was not an easy chore as the cars aren't completely stopped to allow boarding and trying to balance on one leg and swing myself on without the crutches was a feat. Don't know how anyone does it that doesn't have the use of at least one leg!

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 09:56 AM
Leon

Did anyone comment on your provocative title? It certainly helps to be imaginative when you want to attract responses. Congrats on instilling some interest about a posting that relates to the home of the mouse. Ciao

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 10:19 AM
Dee

In a question, why? What is there for a 15 month old to do, and get out of Dinsey World? I'm not trying to stir the pot, just trying to find out an adult in your advanced stage of pregnancy would plan a vacation in Disney with a baby. It baffles me, and I'm serious, I'm not trying to be rude.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 10:43 AM
Noach

I think it's a very bad idea for many reasons.

There are so many other nice and relaxing places you could go.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 10:52 AM
Greta

First of all, are you flying there? I'd be surprised that at 8 months you could COMFORTABLY fly AND with a 15 mo. old. personally, I think it would be a hardship and WDW is the last thing you should be concerning yourself with..unless of course, your doctor told you you needed a vacation...

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 11:33 AM
Daisy

There are any number of rides aimed at the very youngest, such as "Small World," etc. You can probably handle things like the Haunted House and most of those rides that are historic/scenic and not designed for thrills and spills, which includes a lot of the EPCOT stuff (I would imagine you can get a guide to these from the visitor's center). I think a week there, however, is WAYYYY too long, esp. if you are concentrating on theme parks and esp. if you have a 15-month old -- who really is too young to get much of anything out of WDW for more than about a 1/2 day. Sea World is a better idea for the little one. But I hope you will be in a hotel with an indoor pool suitable for toddlers, because that'll be what goes over best. And nothing like swimming to make a preggers mom feel less like a tank!

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 11:43 AM
lucy

Okay, I'll address all the comments I've gotten above (thanks for all of them, positive and negative

- PROVICATIVE TITLE: I didn't think much of it.. 7 months pregnant in disneyworld, those are all the key words i needed to get to the point.. what is so provocative about it?? Do you have a dirty mind?? strange.... how would you have put the question???

- 8 MONTHS PREGNANT - 8 months pregnant I will NOT be. I am currently in my 6th month. Therefore in November, I will be in my seventh month. Not eighth...

- WHY GO TO DISNEYWORLD??? WHAT IS THERE FOR A 15 MONTH OLD TO DO???
There are several reasons I am going to Disneyworld...
1- hubby has never been there and wants to go
2-We're staying at a 5 star Marriott resort for free since we own a timeshare in aruba and had weeks we have to use up soon.. we can lose them, so we'd rather use them up!!
3- My daughter is at a great stage in her life, very observant, absorbing everything and I want this to be a first big trip for her... I'm more interested in HER having a great time and learning than in my relaxing. Trust me, there's tons to do - or am I just crazy for thinking that?? Isn't Disneyworld the place people go every year with their children!??

- WHY DON'T I JUST RELAX ??
I'm not very much the "relaxed type" so staying at a resort and relaxing wouldn't do much for me. With both my first and second pregnancies, I've stayed very active throughout - I swim 2 miles a day, walk just about everywhere, take stairs instead of elevators (up to 5 flights okay? I'm not superwoman).. and don't see the need to relax unless my body tells me so. Being pregnant does not make me a vegetable. Nor do I use pregnancy as an excuse to lie around, eat, and sleep. I treat my body very well and in response it allows me to stay active and produce healthy children... there's nothing wrong with planning an active trip. My main concern was whether or not I'd be standing sweating - that I can't handle....

- WHEELCHAIR - I'll only use the wheelchair if I really need it. If the lines are short and I can just sit on a bench for the rides that my husband goes on alone, that should suffice....

Any more comments from the peanut gallery?
You guys are great, thanks for your feedback.. keep it coming!!

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 11:49 AM
Annie

Hi Lucy:
Have fun! You don't have to defend yourself. But please do relax and enjoy yourself!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -