Reload this Page >

restaurants in Phoenix/scottsdale

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:58 AM
me

I will be in Phoenix/ Scottsdale next month (nov) and would love some fun restaurants as well as places w/ great food ( no chains please)...also no bordering towns, will only be in phx/scttsdle areas. Thanks!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 07:42 AM
cactus

Me,

We (two couples of a certain age -- we aren't kids, sad to say) really enjoyed Rancho Pinot Grill, and the Phoenix Culinary Institute, where the food was prepared and served by the students (under the supervision of the instructors).
Both were within minutes of our Scottsdale location.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:45 AM
steve

Cowboy steaks - Pinnacle Peak Patio (be sure to wear an OLD tie)

lunch or snack in downtown Scottsdale - SUgar Bowl

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 09:00 AM
karen

Are you with children or not? I only ask because there are a lot of restaurants in both categories. A great restaurant we hit this spring was Desert Moon on N. 65th in Scottsdale. There are also some great sushi restaurants but I"m not sure if you're looking for a specific type of cuisine.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 09:04 AM
me

no children with us, just 3 adults, like all cuisines, want to have some southwest but also like all kinds of food.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:01 AM
carolyn

Haven't been for a year, but last time we went we had great food at:
Medizona - Old Scottsdale
Michael's at the Citadel - Scottsdale
Flemings Steak House- Scottsdale
Fog City Diner - Scottsdale

My favorite is Michael's. It is a little far north, but the ambience, creative cuisine and very romantic bar make it a must go for me, everytime I am in town.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Laurie

If you like spicy food, go to Los Dos Molinos. Very good casual Mexican restaurant, but very hot!!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 07:06 PM
x

If you're even somewhat picky about food, go to chowhound.com and read the posts there for Phoenix/Scotts. Much more extensive reviews and better breadth than you can find here.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 05:02 PM
ann

I celebrat3d my 40th bday there. We ate at the restaurant in th Royal Palms resort. Can't think of the name. It is very GOOD. It is in a historic building that was a mansion for a wealthy man..... Anyway it overlooks the Mts. and is a treat!

Also - The Tortilla Factory is a fun Mexican place that is real cute, great outdoor area.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Coco

Hi, This message is for Carylon,

Sorry to report, but Fog City Diner has closed its door at Scottsdale Fashion Square. Also the steakhouse restaurant next door. In their place are now other shops.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 08:42 AM
ddd

Ann (2 posts above this one) is thinking of T. Cooks at the Royal Palms. I've never been there, but it always seems to be getting awards for it's food, ambiance, etc. Should be great!

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 08:45 AM
chuck

If you're very hungry, the buffet at the Marriott Camelback in Scottsdale is good.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Jeanette

Also consider Coyote Grill, Carlsbad Tavern, Sawadee Thai (outstanding), Havana Cafe, Los Sombreros (try the mole), Veneto Trattoria. All in Scottsdale.
In Phoenix: Nonni's, Such is Life, Gourmet House of Hong Kong (a dive but authentic Chinese).
All reasonably or value priced. All favored by locals instead of guide books. All fun (esp. Los Sombreros, and you can eat outside at Veneto). All very, very good.

The following are very good but considerably more expensive: Michael's, Ranch Pinot Grill, T. Cooks, Vincent's (new menu), Flemings Steak House, Mary Elaine's (very expensive!), Gregory's (my favorite).

Enjoy. Contrary to some opinions, we do have good eats here.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Nicole

We just returned from that area and we ate at Pane e Vino in Scottsdale. It's Italian, but it was very good. Off Pinnacle Peak Road in a shopping plaza. There were a few restaurants in that plaza that looked good as well.

We also ate at La Hacienda at the Scottsdale Fairmont Princess and it was delicious! The only Mexican restaurant in North America to get AAA 4 Diamonds and Mobile 4 Stars.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:30 AM
Nan

We loved RoxSand's in the Biltmore shopping mall in Scottsdale. Awesome food!

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:05 AM
nick

Alice Cooper owns a bar called "Cooperstown" fun place and great food if your into the 70's rock scene.