Reload this Page >

Easter brunch in Sedona + Kid-friendly Scottsdale dining

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Sarah

My husband and I, plus kids ages 7 and 9, will be in Sedona for Easter weekend and are looking for suggestions for Easter brunch. Thinking of possibly going to Enchantment but not sure if it would be appropriate for my children. An alternative would be to do a quick breakfast in Sedona and save the nicer meal of the day for later after we check into our hotel in Scottsdale.

Also, any suggestions for reasonably priced kid-friendly restaurants for our four days in Scottsdale? I've heard that the Old Tortilla Factory in Old Town is good. Thanks in advance for any help!

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 10:10 PM
xxx

Brunch at the Scottsdale resorts will be the same situation as Enchantment and others in Sedona, i.e. appropriate for well-behaved children. Kids are welcome at most places in Scottsdale-its a tourist town. The swanky restaurants that you would be uncomfortable with them in are probably too pricey for you to be at with kids anyway. Buca de beppo is a fun, loud family style restaurant in old town on Scottsdale Road. For lunch the Sugar Bowl on Scottsdale Rd. is favorite of my kids-pb&j, grilled cheese and terrific sundaes among other traditional lunch stuff. There are tons of choices depending on where you're staying and what kind of food you want, look for kid's menus as a clue for kid-friendly.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 08:45 AM
steve

I second the choice for the Sugar Bowl - it was my favorite place when I was a kid. (too many calories for me now!)

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:52 PM
Deb

Sarah,

Here are a few more places that are kid-friendly...

1. "Rawhide" up north on Scottsdale Rd. This is a western town that kids will love. There is a steakhouse there -- kid friendly.

2. Hyatte Regency/Scottsdale

3. "5 & Diner" at the Pavillions off Pima Rd. This is a '50s -type restaurant that serves malts/shakes/hamburgers.

4. Also, if you get to Phoenix, you may want to try "Ed Debevic's." Another '50s-style restaurant.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 12:44 PM
karen

Sarah, we go out to Scottsdale each spring and have found tons of kid-friendly restaurants. There are some chains like Islands (which I can't get back east) which has yummy burger & fries type fare and Macayo and Ajo Als for Mexican. Old El Paso BBQ...I can go on and on. Hope this gives you a start...I'm sure your hotel would also have a more complete listing! Where are you staying?