Restaurants in Chattanooga

Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurants in Chattanooga

Will be in Chattanooga for 3 days at end of May. Looking for restaurant recommendations. Thank you.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:33 AM

What kind of restaurants are you interested in?

The one place I love for pizza downtown is Lupi's Pizza Pies near the Aquarium. The calzones are outstanding. Very casual. Sticky Fingers is just down the street and serves great ribs. There's also a huge used bookstore between them that is great if it rains.

I can't help you with the fine dining places since I've only been there as a day trip sneaker-wearing tourist. ;-)

If you like ice cream, cross the river on the pedestrian bridge and go to Clumpy's.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:59 AM
jw

Lupi's and Sticky Fingers are good casual places. Also add Big River Grille to the list. These 3 are not far from the aquarium. There is a nice tapas restaurant across the river on Frazier Ave. called Terra Nostra (across the street from Clumpies). For something a little nicer I would suggest St. John, Southside Grill, or Bellagio. These are near the Chattanooga Choo Choo. All of these, with the exception of Terra Nostra, are on the free electric shuttle route that runs downtown (Southside Grill is a couple of blocks from the stop, but noit a bad walk).
Old May 8th, 2005, 06:54 AM

The best : NATHAN'S.. at The Stone Fort Inn. Also an exceptional place to stay. It is fine dining at it's best! Also Dirty Nellys has great Shepards Pie.
Old May 8th, 2005, 06:31 PM

Try Canyon Grill on Lookout Mountain and if you are still looking for a unique and totally romantic place to stay, try Chanticleer Inn.
They have stone Cottages with great gardens and rooms....It is on lookout mountain too.