Reload this Page >

Restaurant Suggestions for Kauai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 07:55 AM
l wilson

Will be honeymooning there this September and would love all suggestions.

Thanks!

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 08:20 AM
Monica Richards

If you're going to be in or near Hanalei, Zelo's Beach House is great for a drink or casual dinner. Their food is good and they have a pretty extensive menu. If you want a nicer, more romantic, meal, then Postcards is the place for you.

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 12:16 PM
Amy

The restaurants we enjoyed when we were there in July were:
Dukes in the Marriot - huge salad bar and great fresh fish. Very reasonabley priced - went there twice.
Brick Oven Pizza west of Poipu
Tidepools in Hyatt - good fish and steak on the more expensive side.
Brennekes in Poipu - very casual, good drink specials and burgers.
Roy's in Poipu - pretty good. Unique menu.
Any questions please don't hesitate to email.

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 02:04 PM
Anna

We were in Kauai in April and liked A Pacific Cafe, Roy's, and Brennecke's. We must've gone to Brick Oven Pizza on a bad night because most everyone else likes it. We had great shave ice in Waimea at a place with a bunch of Bob Marley stuff (it's in the Ultimate Kauai book).

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 06:24 PM
mahalo!

Aloha, There are some other nice restaurants in the Wailua/Kapaa area.

Mema's, Kintaro's, Korean BBQ, Cafe Coco, Hong Kong Cafe, Noe's, Bullshed,Eggeberts(good breakfast), and El Norberto's.

Have fun

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 07:52 PM
paul

While on Kauai last month we had our anniversary dinner at the Beach House just down from the Sheraton in Poipu and thought that it was terrific. The tables overlooking the water and sunset were fantastic and the food and wait staff were the same. A really memorable experience and would highly recommend it.
Also, if you are staying north near Princeville, we had lunch at the Princeville hotel overlooking the bay and mountains and it was also great. Our lunch was top notch although our waiter was less than attentive, I would love to do dinner there should I ever have the chance.
Enjoy

Old Aug 5th, 2000, 07:51 AM
kal

Hula Pie @ Keoki's!

For a funky local treat, find Hamura's Saimin Stand in Lihue ...Great Saimin and chicken or beef teriyaki skewers.

Waimea Brewing Co. on the west end is a nice way to end a trip up to view the Canyon and a sunset.

One of life's little evil pleasures, a triple Bubba's burger with cheese and some chili-fries on the side at the Hanalei location.

Congrats,
Kal

Old Aug 5th, 2000, 09:34 AM
Liz

Since it is your honeymoon, I'm sure you'll appreciate a great atmosphere and view. The Beach House in Po'ipu has an amzing ocean view. Go at sunset. We were there two years ago and the food was good, as far as I recall. But I do remember that view!
Kaua'i is gorgeous. Enjoy!

Old Aug 5th, 2000, 05:48 PM
Melanie

My husband and I were married on Kauai in June. We stayed at Hanalei Bay Resort. In the Hanalei area, our favorite restaurant was Hanalei Dolphin. We ate there two consecutive nights! Also, if you are in the Hanalei area and just want a quick sandwich, stop in the Hanalei Gourmet and get sandwiches and go find a great beach to picnic. I would suggest Anini or Tunnels. Have a great time. Hawaii is heaven!