Reload this Page >

Restaurant in Ft Lauderdale

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:04 AM
Bonnie

Will be spending 1 night, pre-cruise at Doubletree Galleria and am looking for good, seafood restaurant close by. Walking distance best, or short cab ride. Any suggestions?

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:21 AM
Carol

15th Street Fishery. A must go. Sea food is wonderful and the breads are baked fresh everyday and great. It is off the beaten path a tad, on the inter costal. Have the cab driver turn at the BMW dealership.

Was there two weeks ago and not disappointed.

Have fun.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 03:32 PM
HarryR

15th Street Fisheries a great recommendation!! See
http://www.15streetfisheries.com/

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 04:15 AM
JD

I also was at the 15th St. fisheries a couple of weeks ago and highly recommend it.Ask for waterview, and make sure you have reservations. You can take the water taxi-it will pick you up right at the dock of the Doubletree and take you right to the dock of the Fisheries.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Carol

Oops, I hate when this happens~~~~~~~~~ Spelled Fisheries wrong. You won't be disappointed, typo and all. Enjoy

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Susan

I guess it was a bad night for 15th St. Fishery when we visited them last May b/c it was AWFUL! Servers w/ big attitude, service was slow, slow, slow & food was cold when it finally arrived. We asked for a table by the window but the window had so much condensation b/t the panes that it was like gazing onto the fog! Couldn't see a thing! Our female server spent the entire 2 hours that we were there flirting w/ 5 male doctors @ the next table. They told everyone they were doctors in town for a convention which did not impress us much as we are both doctors! It was kind of funny to hear the goings on actually!. Anyway... she ignored us & our 2 boys for the entire night. We did, however, enjoy Louie Louie (twice!) on Los Olas & I heard that since May they have moved to a newer, bigger location on Los Olas so you may want to try them. I do not know is how far that is from your hotel.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 07:39 PM
howard

Bonnie,
If $ is not too much of a concern, then the Blue Moon Fish Co. on Commercial Blvd. and the Intracoastal will be an unforgettable evening for you. The fish entrees (Sea Bass,for ex.)are remarkable.
Enjoying your meal while watching the boating on the Intracoastal is divine.
Hope you can make it.