Search

Resorts on Kauai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 11:07 PM
Melissa

Resorts on Kauai

I am planning a trip to Kauai and would like to know which timeshare resorts are located on a beach and which one would you recommend if I want a quiet, relaxing vacation?

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Brenda

I would recommend Lawai Beach Resort, a timeshare property in the Poipu area of Kauai. Resort is RCI Gold Crown and oceanfront except that a small road runs between the resort buildings and the ocean but this in no way diminishes the views or ambiance of this resort. The resort is very quiet, they make a point of keeping it that way. Great security too. There are 3 buildings, all built at diffreent times. The Alii and Banyan building units all have great ocean views, you can see whales in season and hear the lapping of the waves. Great sunset views too. The Coral building is the oldest building, some units have great views, others not so good. Also Coral units do not have washer/dryers, rather have a common laundry room. Other 2 buildings do have washer/dryer units in them. There are 3 pools and hot tubs on site, great tropical grounds, nice staff, activity desk, convenience store, recreation/gym room , tennis courts, miniture golf. Also across the street near the resort is the Beach House restaurant, one of the best on the island. Good access for morning walks, too, as there is a nice sidewalk that goes towards the Spouting Horn area. Beach across the street is a great snorkling beach, not the best swimming beach because of the coral, which is why it is so good for snorkling.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Lisa

I wouldn't go to Kauai w/o staying on the north shore, Princeville or Hanalei area.
When is your trip planned?
Winter is iffy as far as rain in that area, but you will find no more beautiful place on the island. It takes your breath away at every turn.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo on a cliff across the street from the Princeville Hotel... it was gorgeous.... with the waves crashing below our lanais... ahhh the memories!!
I don't remember the name of the resort, but you can find many of them doing a search for lodging in Princeville or Hanalei.
As far as beaches go, you will have a blast jumping in your rental vehicle (we prefer Jeep Wranglers) and hopping from beach to beach. The beaches in the northern area of the island are lovely.
Grab a Fodors guide from your local library and bring it w/ you. You'll love the hikes to the different beaches, and the variety of them.
I've been to Kauai twice, and still wouldn't consider staying in Poipu.
It's just too beautiful in the north.
Have a great trip!

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 09:49 PM
alisa

Hi,

I know that the Hanalei Bay Resort has condos. It is a larger resort but absolutely beautiful view--unbeatable. tennis courts and a lovely pool. Close to a great beach and quiet.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 08:08 AM
cath

Best view- Hanalei Bay Resort. But the interiors of the condos are getting shabby
Best beach- Kiahuna Plantation in Poipu.
Beautiful grounds, huge sprawling complex.

On the east side I like Kauai Coast Resort. The interiors have been renovated and are lovely. Not a good swimming beach, alas.

Lots of time shares in Princeville area. Some have views, some do not---do your homework.