Reload this Page >

Renaissance Wailea - Mokapu

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2002, 05:37 AM
KS

Can anyone who has stayed at Mokapu rooms recently post opinions of their stay? I've read some past reviews through a search but it looks like people that stay in that section vs. the main building have different opinions. We were thinking of staying there in July.

Old May 31st, 2002, 05:51 AM
mokapu

ditto for September...made reservations already though.

what kind of rates are they offering for July?

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:10 AM
^

^bump

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:47 PM
Hans

I have recently heard that there is some construction going on next door to the hotel. Can you hear the construction from the Mokapu rooms? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 03:58 PM
Lani

Please call the hotel, and they will tell you honestly about the construction. They have great personnel there.

Secondly, I much prefer the oceanview rooms that are high-up over the Mokapu Rooms. We were there with my sister & her husband; they had Mokapu room, and we had oceanview. Liked ours much better!

You can't have a bad time at that resort, no matter what room you take!

Aloha, Lani

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:02 PM
Hans

Thanks for the info. When you say you liked the 6th floor room better was that because of the view? Were the rooms different in any other way? How about the private pool area that comes with Mokapu rooms? Is it nice or just a small pool? Thanks for your help!

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:34 AM
KS

Our rate in July is $300 for the Mokapu with the Entertainment discount.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Mike

The hotel told me the Mokapu rooms were renovated and refurbished before the rest of the hotel...however I've read that the quality of the Mokapu rooms is lower...it all doesn't make sense if these are the "exclusive" rooms.

Could you explain more why you liked the Ocean view room better?

Thanks!

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:50 AM
Lisa

KS,

Look under post Which is best Marriott/Renaissance. I just returned a week ago and you can see my comments. I think the bottom line is: what are you interested in? Do you want to feel like you are right on the beach, where you can hear the sound of the surf? Or do you want a vista type view. The pool in the Mokapu area is very small. More like a dipping pool. There is a hammock between two trees in the Mokapu area, only for those guests. If you are in the main hotel and your room faces northwest, then you will look out over the construction. I didn't notice any construction noise when walking near the Mokapu rooms, but it looks as though they are at the beginning of the construction.

Hopes this helps.

Aloha,
Lisa

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 10:30 AM
Joe

Stayed at thr Renassance in January in the main building and paid $170. ni. entertainment discount rate. We enjoyed the resort very much! We liked the quiet, peaceful setting of this resort,the beautiful foliage & tropical gardens and foliage, and the beautiful ocean views, and the genuine friendliness of the staff! These are the resort's strengths. In my opinion, I didn't think the Mokapu rooms were worth the price. They seemed like a poor man's first class. The rooms probably need an update but because of 9/11, tourism was way off from 9/11 through Feb., so the hotels probably are behind in updating rooms due to their loss in revenue. I would definately stay at this hotel again, but if I was going to spend $300. pr. ni. I would rather stay at the Kea Lani or the Four Seasons. But if you are on a budget the Renassance is the best value for the money!