San Francisco Late Night Eating/Restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are arriving on Christmas Day at 11 p.m., staying at Marriott Marquis, near Union Square/Convention Center. Any recommendations in vicinity, will have two sons, age 20 and 22 with us. Perhaps we will need to grab a bite at the hotel that first night, but we tend to eat on the late side overall...and hope to go to the Nutcracker also one night, so maybe somewhere near there as well? We don't eat seafood. We will likely ditch the sons a couple nights as well, so maybe include places just for us or just for them!
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Oh and yes, the hotel has some nearby restaurants listed, I was just looking for any personal experiences...and ones that might be open late on Christmas Day!
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 08:55 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
If you arrive at 11PM at SFO you likely won't be at your hotel til about midnight. (BTW - it is not that near Union Square - is is south of Market, on Mission St)

Finding a place to eat that late on Christmas will be difficult - I'd check w/ the hotel and see if their room service operates that late.
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

We should be at hotel about 11... Last time in SF we stayed at the Marriott/Union Sq, which is actually on Sutter. But their concierge lounge won't be open over that weekend, so we are better off at the MArquis. I think I will just call hotel and have them put late night snacks/drinks in our rooms. But any other ideas for other nights are most welcome, I have been pouring over TA reviews and creating lists...
Any ideas on Chinese restaurant preferences nearby? We like tablecloths...don't mean to sound snobby.
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 08:13 PM

On Chinese, one of the best deem sum places is not far from your hotel. Yak Sing and they serve on tablecloths.
http://www.yanksing.com/home.php
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 08:24 PM

http://www.fodors.com/community/unit...o-new-ones.cfm