Search

RedskinsTickets

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Ted

RedskinsTickets

I plan on visiting DC for a week in November and would like to go to a Redskins game. Are tickets expensive? How easy are they to get a hold of? Where is their stadium located? Safe neighborhood (my family and I will be driving) to park? Is the stadium easy to get to?

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 09:31 AM
linda

Tickets to the'skins will likely be very easy to get this year. So far they are 0-4 and it doesn't look good for the rest of the season.

Check the Washington Post classifieds for ticket sales. A number of ticket companies also sell football tickets.

the stadium is about 8 miles outside of DC. Yes, you can drive but you must park about a mile away at the USAir Arena and take the shuttle bus. When we go, we take the Metro which also has a shuttle bus from several stations and delivers you to the front door of the stadium.

Security has been very, very tough at the stadium and people are urged to arrive 3 hours early with NO carry-ins at all.

In other words, it's going to be hard work to get to a game where our team will almost certainly lose.

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 10:29 AM
Sonny

I talked to several players this week. All of them said that they were going to try, try, try. All you can do is try.

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 10:46 AM
Deadskins

Winners or losers, tickets will be expensive. It's still an "event" in DC. Try Best Seats or any major ticket broker in the area, and the Washington Post classified as suggested above. The neighborhood is safe because it's not a neighborhood, just a big huge place you can't drive to sitting on the Beltway. Take the subway or try to find a way to take one of the "fan buses" that leave from local restaurants in the area. Allow LOTS of time pregame as the commute is a nightmare and if you drive you will be parking far, far away. Doesn't sound like much fun even in a winning season, huh!

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Joe

Aside from the Redskins being one of the worst teams in football this season. Theri ticket prices are the HIGHEST in the league. This goes for all food and drink in the stadium as well.

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 12:03 PM
Ann

My kid isn't making $4 million a year playing a game.

It would be one thing if the Redskins were just being beat by good teams, but they are playing HORRIBLE football. It's really not worth watching. And the stadium isn't a great place to see a game. RFK was good, and easy to get to. The current stadium may be technically 8 miles from the DC city limits, but it's a real haul from the downtown area. However, if you happen to be staying in Alexandria, it's just about the Beltway about 15-20 minutes or so.

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 08:33 AM
Mr. X

It's funny. Orioles owner is a smart-alec, slimy lawyer who destroyed his team- Peter Angelos. Team went from the playoffs to one of the worst in baseball. Redskins owner,Dan Snyder, a know-it-all who struck it big during the communications bubble in the 90s, also destroyed his team. The current Redskins may be the worst team in NFL history only two years after being a Super Bowl contender. After buying his toy, the owner regularly consulted his boyhood pal (a dentist) for football advice. He charged fans $10 to watch practice. He fired his coach last year although the coach had a winning record and was in playoff contention- the first time that has happened in NFL history. This year, the Redskins fired the owner-handpicked quarterback two games into this season. The newly hired coach, on a 4 year contract, is hated by his players and they refuse to play for him. Morale is non-existent on the Redskins and has been since Summer practice season. Team has several free agents; they'll leave unless the coach is fired. So the owner will have to eat three years of the coach's contract and fire him. Most probably the Redskins will be lousy for a long time. With Dan Snyder as owner, the Redskins will likely always be a bad team.

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 09:09 AM
dan woodlief

As a long-time Redskins fan, I would think even in Washington tickets might become much more available in the near future if the team continues to play at the level of a bad Jr. High team. If we get crushed by the lowly Cowboys, the end of the world is near. Bring on the Lions, and we might get a close one - 6-3 maybe.

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 09:17 AM
Derek

I am willing to trade three boxes of Little Debbie Ho-Hos for a pair of Redskin tickets.

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Audrey

Wow, and I thought we had problems in New England...

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 10:03 AM
kevin

If any knows where I can some Redskin & Giant tickets for 10/28 it would be very helpfull. Those Ticket Brokers that were mentioned above charge a lot more over the ticket price then we want to pay. My e-mail is not working so any info left under this topic would be great. Thanks

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 10:05 AM
Billy Kilmer

If you're not willing to pay the ticket broker prices, your only hope is to look in the Washington Post classified last Sunday or this Sunday and see if any individuals are selling them, but that's risky. In spite of having the worst team in the league (in history), in DC it's still an expensive event I'm afraid...

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 10:45 AM
Phil

If you can throw and run the ball, you might be able to hook on as their QB.

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 11:04 AM
Bill

Try eBay. I just went there and ran a search on "Redskins tickets" and got a whole bunch of auctions. There's two tickets for the Giants game, with a current bid of $67, auction ending at midnight today (Thursday). Here's the link:http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1286031044

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 11:35 AM
Sammy

I'm willing to quarterback if I get a little pass protection.

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Bob Brown

Hey Sam. Old #33 better not try a comeback. I bet your arm can still drill Bob Seymour in the left eye at 30 yards, but that offensive line of the Redskins is a threat to longevity.
PS. Can you still punt??
I remember that 83 yarder!!
And what ever happend to Frank Filchock??

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 04:11 AM
Sammy

Filchock went up to Canada to play that three down game after he got kicked out of the NFL for not reporting a teammate who had gambler friends.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 08:37 AM
kevin

Thanks Bill for the e-bay link. I did not mention that we are from California & leaving today for N.Y.C. then D.C. We are thinking over going to the parking lots early the day of the game & looking for people with extra tickets to sell.Is this a dumb idea? I here that you have to park a mile away from the stadium. I used to live in N.Y. & there always seemed to be scalpers at all the events. The same in D.C.? Being the Skins are pretty bad will it be easier to find tickets. Thanks for any help.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Billy Kilmer

Yeah, you can't park at the stadium, just at satellite lots at least a mile from the stadium and shuttle bus in. Hopefully somebody on this site who's been to a game could advise you where you could stake out for scalpers, if you can.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Bill

I would think getting tickets from scalpers right outside the stadium is a pretty safe bet. Print out a diagram of the stadium seating so you know which section you'd be getting.

I'm guessing that the sheer badness of the Skins this year will have the scalpers accepting face value or even lower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -