Red Rocks: Need Closest/Best Hilton Property

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to a concert at Red Rocks (first time there...so excited!) and want to use Hilton Points for my hotel (one night). Any recommendations?

Also, does the Coors Brewery in Golden still do tours? We will have some time on Saturday before flying home and thought it might be fun.

If anyone has any other ideas for something to do between the hotel and the airport (our flight leaves late afternoon) that day, I would love to hear those too. Thanks!
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 09:54 AM

That is a tall order. To the best of my knowledge that are no Hiltons close to Red Rocks. Remember Red Rocks is in the foothills, next to the very small town of Morrison. Lucky to find a Motel 6 in the area. The closes Hilton would be downtown Denver -- good 20 to 25 miles away. There would be other closer hotels/motels along 285, 6th Ave, etc, but no Hiltons. What other hotels can you use your points at?

Coors still gives tours but have reduced the amount of free beer that you can have. You have the usual museums and other tourist activities. If you stay in the downtown area you would the Art Museum with the new wing.
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 10:59 AM

If you go to the Hilton website and type in Morrison in the city choice, you will find several hotels (mainly Hampton Inns) that are part of the Hilton Family within 3 - 6 miles of Red Rocks.

If you have time to kill before or after touring Coors, you can visit the Buffalo Bill Museum and grave on Lookout Mountain. www.buffalobill.org

Also, if you want to stay in that area you can watch the kayakers at the Clear Creek White Water Park which is also in Golden.
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 01:35 PM

There are a few Hampton Inns in the area, one is newer along 470, I believe, but the other one on 40 is a pretty easy shot to Red Rocks without having to get on a highway during rush hour (if your concert is during the week, 470 can get pretty jammed). And there is a Homestay in Lakewood as well. Apart from that, not much else in the Hilton family. There is a Marriott at Denver West and a Quality Suites at El Rancho between Morrison and Evergreen.
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

In case anyone else needs the info, we stayed at the Hampton Inn/Denver West/Golden and it was perfect! Just about a 5-minute easy drive from there to Red Rocks. It must have been close as members of one of the bands playing that night had been staying there!

We filled our extra time on Saturday by returning to Red Rocks to tour the Visitor's Center and see the Performer's Hall of Fame and list of everyone who has performed there over the years...very interesting! I recommend it! Then we went to downtown Golden for a little shopping and lunch...charming town, very fun.

It was a great weekend (actually, more like just 36 hours!)