Search

Red Jacket ad Blue wate

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red Jacket ad Blue wate

Hi,
I posted before for a "resort style" ocean front hotel on the Cape.
The Blue Water Resort and the Red Jacket resort were recommneded.Both sounded like what I am looking for. Ocean front, kids activities, etc.
I am wondering why neither shows up in Fodor's. Not noted under the Rant and Rave section either, even though many others are mentioned, even if no one reviewed them.

Should I be concerned about the quality of the hotel, or is there a good explanation?
I understand that not every hotel on the Cape could be listed, but it seems like there are so few of the "resort style" hotels there that these would be mentioned.

If it is because these hotels do not live up to Fodor's criteria, please recommend a hotel that does!
Thank you!
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 04:20 PM

I enjoyed my stays at both resorts. Both are motelish but nice. I think you'll enjoy yourself. Chatham Bars Inn is a more upscale resort as is the Wequasset (sp?) but Red Jacket and Blue Water are fine. They are owned by the same company.
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 04:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They're basically big motels that can be called "resorts" because they're on the ocean. Have you checked out their websites? The websites make them look a bit nicer than they actually are, but you get the idea. The cottages at the Blue Water are probably the way to go if price isn't an issue.

www.redjacketbeach.com
www.bluewater-resort.com

I prefer www.lighthouseinn.com myself.
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 05:53 PM

Last fall, DH and I decided to do a weekend away to the Cape. His criteria was "on the ocean." I searched and found the Blue Water on the Ocean ($165/nt) which had a private balcony overlooking the ocean. When we arrived, we found that the "private balcony" was a narrow walkway which other people had to walk on to get to their rooms, the ocean view was great IF you had binoculars and didn't mind being eye level with the walkway to the floor above.

However, the room itself was nice and spacious. It is definitely a motelish type place and not what I'd consider a "resort."
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Hi,
I don't really enjoy "motel" style places, so I will check out some of the other suggsetions.
It was actually the jet skis and Para sailing, etc., that caught my eye about the Blue water and Red Jacket.
Does anyplace else at the Cape offer those?