COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

RED CONVERTIBLE ON HWY 1

Old May 15th, 1997, 08:18 AM
CLAUDIO

RED CONVERTIBLE ON HWY 1

From Brazil going on honeymoon to California,in July.I intend to rent a Chrysler Sebring(convertible)to go from San Francisco to San Diego.Is it a good car with good power engine and ,also,good trunk size to fit 2 large suitcases?Has anyone done this route?Does anyone know the Radisson Wilshire Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles?Any other travel tips? Thanks everyone.Wonderful contry.See you in July!

Old May 15th, 1997, 11:57 AM
M.

I am renting the same car for the same drive, but I am going from LA to Monterey. Don't know the hotel you mentioned, but a tip is to make reservations long in advance. Try to get a room overlooking the ocean in Big Sur or Carmel. They are hard to get, so plan ahead. Also, allow yourself plenty of time to drive. Traffic goes pretty slow....as will you with the view. Good luck.

Old May 15th, 1997, 03:10 PM
bobbbee

better pack lighter than two large suitcases for that car. one will have to fit in back seat.

Old Jun 6th, 1997, 08:55 AM
Brian

Is there a car made that can hold two suitcases in the trunk now days

Old Jun 17th, 1997, 05:44 AM
A G

Hi! Can't answer about CA but I own a Sebring Convertible and you should have plenty of room for luggage. The trunk will hold at least one large suitcase (possibly two depnding on dimensions) and several "carryon" size bages. The back seat also seats two adults quite comfortably so if you don't need it for people you can certainly fit several pueces of luggage back there. the only caveat, what's in the back must either be heavy or tied down because once you put the top down it will fly with the wind otherwise!!