Reload this Page >

Best bars in downtown Toronto

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 1997, 09:47 AM
Alan Aipel

Nine guys coming from Florida for a three day weekend in June to see baseball at Skydome.We are staying at Holiday Inn on King. We are looking for good bars and pubs to both eat and drink.

Old Jun 14th, 1997, 09:22 PM
Bill Magnuson

There are a number of bars and resraurants within a 5 minute walk of the Holiday Inn. Right on King st are several good ones including The Red Tomato. Up on Adelaide st is Alice Fazooli's and Montana is one block away. The Whistling oyster is good as well, over on Duncan. There are probably 20 - 30 bars and restaurants in that part of town.

Try to get up onto Queen st West , just 2 blocks north, lots of great and funky things there. Try the Rivoli for Thai and asian influenced food and a very avant-garde music scene. Also a big pool hall upstairs. Le Select is right next to that, great for French Bistro food. The Rex hotel has Jazz regularly and the Horseshoe Tavern and the Silver Dollar have rock and Blues respectively.

Old Jun 15th, 1997, 06:46 PM
Carla

You might like to check out the 2 Hard Rock Cafes.
One on Yonge St. accross from the Eaton Center and another one overlooking the field at Skydome.

Old Jun 17th, 1997, 07:56 AM
pat henderson

it has been about five years since i was in toronto, but a bar i really enjoyed was called my apartment. we were there late on a sunday night, not expecting much liveliness, but there were a lot of locals there to interact with and they placed a good mix of progressive music. it is located on peter street and should be near where you are staying.

Old Jun 17th, 1997, 01:08 PM
Polly Harrold

I'm interested in hearing more about the "great and funky" things to do in downtown Toronto...will be there the last week in June for training. As a rule, I steer clear of chains, franchises, and sports bars (partly 'cause I'm a snob, but mostly because we have PLENTY of those where I live. So please, tell us more about what and where there are hip happenings, eats, and shopping...thanks!