-etc.

Old May 1st, 2001, 08:11 AM
AC

Hi Larry:
Please check this address!
Is it 270 West 45th street?
If it is, it is the old Milford Plaza
which is not a nice place!
There are numerous threads on the forum about it. Please check!

Old May 1st, 2001, 08:23 AM
rqf

The Ramada New Yorker is on 8th AVenue at 34th Street. I walked by one day last week and checked out the lobby - they seem to have done lots of work and made improvements since the last time I looked in - about two years ago. The was some kind of restaurant just off the lobby but I really didn't pay much attention to it. The hotel is across the street from Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. Macy's is one block east at 34th and 7th. Not many "class" restaurants in the area but plenty of fast food type-- restaurants. There is a place called the Irish Pup that is across the street. It looked okay when I went buy around lunch time. I would imagine it caters mostly to locals since the only tourists in the immmediate area are those staying at the New Yorker or a smaller HJ hotel down the street. Times Square and the theater district are less than 10 blocks north (less than 1/2 mile).
This hotel was owned by the sect lead by the Rev. Moon. Many years ago it was a residence for his followers. Then it was closed for awhile and reopened a few years back as a hotel. Rammada obviously runs the hotel but I have no idea as to whether Moon is still connected with the property.

Old May 2nd, 2001, 04:19 AM
Deb

If the Milford is a Ramada property, why does it not show up on the Ramada Web site? I was looking into the Milford before reading the posts here and some searchs refer to it as a Ramada but there is no info there???? Has Ramada sold it or do they not want claim to it?

Old May 2nd, 2001, 04:43 AM
Englishgirl

The Ramada Milford Plaza is the arse of the World, and I would not stay there again if it were the last hotel in NY. I would find sleeping rough in Central Park infinitely preferable to that bloody dump.

Old May 2nd, 2001, 05:47 AM
Howard

Just to clarify a couple points:
1. The Ramada Plaza New Yorker is NOT the same facility as the Milford Plaza. rqf is correct in listing its address as 34th & 8th.
2. As far as I know, Rev. Moon and his organization no longer have any affiliation with the property.

Old May 29th, 2002, 08:10 AM

Top it for Brian