Raleigh, NC Information

Sep 15th, 1999, 10:37 AM
Ellie

Raleigh, NC Information

I'm going to a family party in Raleigh in mid -October. Can someone tell me what kind of weather to expect (temperature range)? Also, we're supposed to be eating at the Raven Restaurant and Wine Bar. Does anyone have the address so I can plot a map from my hotel? Thanks for any help.

Sep 16th, 1999, 07:24 AM
dan woodlief

Mid-October weather should be somewhere around 60 up to low 70s, but it could be slightly cooler. Could even be mid- 70s. It depends on your own tolerances as far as what clothes to wear. I favor cool weather more than hot, and I usually wear a short sleeve shirt and maybe a windbreaker that time of year. Sometimes shorts if it is a warmer day. At the most, you may want a long sleeve shirt or blouse, or maybe thin sweater for daytime. I live 25 miles from downtown Raleigh. Looked in an old Raleigh phonebook (3 years old) and in Yahoo Yellowpages and couldn't find the restaurant. I will look in a newer one at home and let you know this evening if I can find the address. Is it in a hotel perhaps? Do you have any idea what part of town it is in?

Sep 16th, 1999, 07:33 AM
dan woodlief

Found it! It's very new. Go to www.citysearch.com. Click on Raleigh-Durham, then type in "Raven" in the search field. You will get a description, hours, phone number, etc. It is located at 2519 Fairview Rd. You can also get a map by clicking on "map." By the way, I have used this site before, and it is excellent for this area. You can find out what there is to do and see around your hotel,in Raleigh, and in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area in general.

Sep 17th, 1999, 08:05 AM
Ellie

Thanks so much. I appreciate the help.

Sep 17th, 1999, 08:06 AM
Ruth

Hi Ellie,

Haven't been to the new Raven yet, but weather-wise, it could be ANYTHING from chilly (not likely!) to roasting! (I ran my A/C until Nov. l last year.) The state fair is held around that time of year, and we always cross our fingers that we'll be able to wear a sweatshirt to the fair, and feel like it's really FALL! But, too often, we end up in shorts and a t-shirt because it feels like July! Good luck! Dress in cotton layers, bring some long pants, some shorts! Just be prepared. Have a great time!