Key West--Best Hotels?

Sep 16th, 1999, 05:52 PM
Ancil Ramey

Key West--Best Hotels?

Any suggestions regarding a hotel in Key West?

Sep 17th, 1999, 05:12 AM
Brian in Atlanta

We had a great experience at the Center Court Cottages in May. Do a search for "Key West Trip Report" for my review.

Sep 17th, 1999, 07:15 AM
susan

If you want to have a room overlooking the Gulf, try the Ocean Key House. It used to be an all-suite hotel, but according to others, it's been renovated to include single rooms now. Try doing a web search for their site, it should answer any questions you might have. This place definitely has the best location. Key West has tons of other hotels and B & Bs, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding something to please you. My husband and I always want to be on the water, so we've stayed at the Hyatt and more recently the Galleon, which has condos. I have the name of a travel agent there if you'd like more information.

Sep 17th, 1999, 07:16 AM
lisa

If you have any interest in a B&B rather than a hotel, I would recommend the Southernmost Point Guest House. Great location on the quiet end of the main drag (Duval Street), across the street from a beach and walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. Free parking. Jacuzzi on site. Beautiful historic home run by a very nice woman. Reasonable rates that include breakfast. Recommended in Frommers guidebook.
If you do a search on this site with the words "Key West hotel" or similar, you should come up with lots of other recommendations. Good luck.

Sep 17th, 1999, 08:48 AM
JoAnn

Go to www.keywest.com for a large listing of hotels, motels, inns & B & B's in Key West. There is map there that can help you find the locations. Key West is aproximately 4 miles X 2 miles big. "Old Town" is where most want to stay, but the area on the Atlantic side (IMHO) is quieter.