Search

Radisson Lexington

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Sylvia

Radisson Lexington

I finally bid for a hotel from Priceline. I got it for $85 a night for 4 nights. I read some good and bad comments on it. I was kind of disappointed when I saw the name of Radisson Lexington came on the screen. Well, I'd better accepted what I bidded for, and be happy. Would anyone please give me what is convenient in this location. Where is good for breakfast, lunch or dinner with reasonable price? I believe it is not a far walk to subway station and 5th ave. But is is far to walk to boardway?

Thanks for your answers.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 12:46 PM
nyer

What's the address/location of this hotel?
I've noticed that Priceline often has Radisson hotels. In my experiences so far, the hotels have all been good, like Hiltons, but occasionally in a slightly less convenient location.
However, when you're bidding on most zones in Manhattan, you can't really be too far off if you look at the maps they give you.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Sylvia

The address is midtown east on Lexington at 48th Ave.

Thank you!

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 01:40 PM
nyer

Sylvia, you will be right near some of the high end hotels like the Waldorf, 6 blocks away from Grand Central, one of the biggest subway hubs in the city (at 42nd near Lexington.) You can also walk to subway lines and sights on 5th avenue which is 3 avenues (long blocks, equal to about 2-3 blocks each)away or continue over another 2-3 avenues to Broadway/theater district. You may want to walk there, but take a bus or cab back (subways wouldn't help much).
As far as food, other than perhaps breakfast, I hope you aren't planning on having all your meals within walking distance of the hotel since most of NY's best restaurants are elsewhere. Same thing is true for cheaper restaurants. You might want to research restaurants on this forum first and then post a second question giving your price ranges and types of food you like.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Frank

For $85 a night, it's not a bad deal. The location is great, but it's one of the lesser hotels on Lexington Avenue's hotel row (Waldorf, Barclay, W, Marriott, Metropolitan, Benjamin). I would rate it a 3 star hotel, what did Priceline rate it?

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Ted

Not a bad deal?!? At $85 a night, that's a GREAT deal. Excellent location convenient to just about everything (or public transportation to get you there). You won't spend anytime in your room anyway, so if it's small (as most NYC hotel rooms are), don't sweat it.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Sylvia

Priceline rate it 3*. I do not mind it is a small room. I only stay in my room for shower and sleep. I just need a clean room with good location. I will not spend my time to enjoy the facility or amenities in the hotel. All your replies help me a lot. Thank you! I am very excited on this trip. I will keep reading this board for more information.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 06:10 PM
tweedy

That is a GREAT rate for that hotel, and as earlier posters said, it is very convenient to just about anything you want to see in the city.

There are a few breakfast places in the area, and of course lots of places for lunch and snacks for your room.

There are a few good restaurants on third ave a bit further up and several cute cafes where you can watch the city go by.

Head down 3rd ave for more choices in the 30s and 20's several cafes from 36th down to 29th.

Also try Restaurant Row in the theatre district. Our FAV restaurant is Pomadoro which is on Columbus just south of 72nd, great bread there, and it's close to Lincoln Center. Mostly Mozart is comming up soon so there will be lots going on.

The subways mostly go in a North South direction, but at Grand Central you can get the "shuttle" which goes from the east side of 42nd to the wesst side to the theatre district, which will be very convenient for you.

You might pick up a Zaggat before you get here, so you have tons of choices for places to eat and addresses. I highly recommend having something like that with you, since there are 10,000 restaurants just in Manhattan alone.

Have a great time while you are here.

tweedy

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 05:39 AM
cathy

I just got back from staying there. The room's in the hotel were a disappointment, but we were there only to sleep so we didn't care. You can take off walking and find a decent breakfast. As far as lunch and dinner take a cab. It will cost $3.20 to Rockefellar plaza and $3.80 to Time Square, and you'll have plenty of choices. Also, Grand Central Station is about 2 blocks. Enjoy your stay!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 06:51 AM
RQF

Very good location - across the street from the Waldorf. If you don't mind walking you are close to the followin:5th Ave./Rockefeller CEnter - just about 1/4 mile - less than 10 minute walk
Grand Central Station - 1/4 mile (6 blocks)
Times Square - about 3/4's of a mile
Central Park - about 3/4's of a mile
Metropolitan MUsuem - just about 2 miles
Nearest subway station - 51st and Lex.
Crosstown bus on 49thth ST. Nortb