Radisson Inn Fort Myers FL ??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radisson Inn Fort Myers FL ??

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick question.

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson Sanibel Gateway in Fort Myers? We're thinking of staying there on our trip to Florida in Jan. - Feb.

It looks like a good location, close to Sanibel and the islands, and to downtown. But we'd like to find out about the hotel if we could. I'd appreciate any recommendations/reviews. Would also like any other recommendations if you have them.

I appreciate all the information about the keys and Ft. Lauderdale from my other posts. This is a great board.

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 05:19 AM

One thing to consider. The traffic to and from Sanibel in Jan/Feb borders on nightmarish! Personally if I wanted to visit Sanibel, I'd want to stay there, not fight traffic every time I wanted to go anywhere.

I'm sorry, don't really know anything about the property itself, just where it is -- yes between the two, but "convenient" to neither.
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the warning about the traffic Patrick. Now we can be ready for that, hopefully. I guess we'll have to drive out to the island one way or the other anyway.

We're still undecided about the Radisson. Although time is actually running pretty short, so we'll have to decide pretty soon. So if anyone's been there, we'd love to hear from you.

Thanks again for all the great information
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 07:46 PM

I may be wrong..but I think it is located on Summerlin Rd. on the way to Sanibel..about 2 miles away and not on the beach but some back water of some kind..like I said it may be false info...call and ck..you may like staying on Sanibel better or Ft Myers Beach...do a search here for Sanibel Island and Ft Myers and you'll get lots of info..
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 01:59 AM

Radisson is about a mile before the Causeway. It is on the bay and there are some water views. If you go to the beach on Sanibel between 9 a.m. and leave before 2:30 p.m. you will get less causeway traffic. Most flights and tourists arrive in late afternoon. Before 9 a.m. you have the slow stream of workers and vans. The traffic is very slow on the Causeway for safety issues right now. We need a new bridge! The really heavy trucks have to travel in the middle of the night and cement trucks may end up being barged over.

If you have a great rate this may be ok for you. I haven't heard any true positives or negatives about the hotel. I did have clients stay there while they were looking at real estate in that area and they were neutral on the hotel. LMF
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 04:12 AM

correction: go to beach between 9 a.m. and about 11 a.m. Slower traffic then. Then before the mass exodus after 4 p.m. (Could it all be realtors?) LMF
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 10:35 AM

No, LilMsFoodie, some of that traffic is decorators!! LOL
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 01:47 PM

requot;
No, LilMsFoodie, some of that traffic is decorators!! LOL"

I resemble that remark. LMF

Old Dec 26th, 2003, 04:56 PM

That's too bad. I "resemble" that remark too.
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Hello Everyone,

Hope you had a nice christmas.

Thank you for the informaiton, help and LilMsFoodie.

We did get what seems to be a good rate, so will probably stay with the Radisson. I was able to find a few of mixed reviews (a couple loved the place, someone else found it sort of marginal) but couldn't really find a lot of information.

Thanks for your advice.
Old Dec 28th, 2003, 05:15 AM

We stayed there for one night two years ago. We couldn't check into our condo until Saturday, but arrived in Ft. Myers on Friday night and just needed a decent place to stay. The room was average, but clean. The pool seemed decent enough, although not very large. This hotel is NOT on the beach. You will have to drive to Ft. Myers Beach or Sanibel for beach time. My only complaint is that our room had a connecting door to the next room. The guests in the other room chatted on the phone on and off all night and I could hear everything they said. Also, they were in and out of the room all night and I could hear everything out on the balcony. I don't know if every room is like that, however. In conclusion, if you don't mind driving to the beach, and want a very decent hotel that is convenient to everything (by car), you should be fine. Have fun.