Quiet, luxury hotel in Los Angeles?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning a trip in January for LA and would like recommendations for a relaxing hotel/resort. We stayed at the Mondrian and it was quiet loud with the bar up above. We really want somewhere where the rooms are quiet and we can enjoy spending time at the hotel, too.
Thanks.
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 05:52 PM

Peninsula Beverly Hills
Regent Beverly Wilshire
Four Seasons Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills Hotel
Bel Air
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 09:28 PM

Having stayed at all the above my preference is the Four Seasons. Service is top notch and we've always found the rooms quiet and very comfortable. Let them know what you want up front. The Four Seasons wants to make you happy!
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 06:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The Bel Air Hotel is the only hotel mentioned so far that is completely surrounded by private homes... very, very expensive private homes. It's also the only one with a pond and swans!
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 06:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Another vote for the Bel Air. While the 4 Seasons is great, it is surrounded by some busy streets.
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Original Poster

How is the location for the RBW? We have it tentatively booked. We don't plan on renting a car so although I want peace and quiet, I would also like some amenities/restaurants nearby.
Thanks.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 01:01 AM
hsv

If by RBW you are referring to the Regent Beverly Wilshire, you can't beat its location.
It is on the corner of Wilshire Blvd. and Rodeo Drive. If you intend to stroll around Beverly Hills, this is just perfect, with manifold eating options in the walkable surroundings.
I would not exactly call its location quiet, though, but that actually appears to be contradictory with being in the middle of things.
They do have a sort of inner courtyard between the two towers, so you might want to try to get a room facing this courtyard. If I recall correctly, there is a pool in that courtyard, too, but guests at that hotel should not be overly rowdy...;-)
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 08:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the "inner courtyard" mentioned by hsv is the porte chochere (sp?). This is where the taxis, limos and private cars pull in as they can't stop at the front door of the hotel on Wilshire Boulevard. So think: cars, fumes, noise, especially if there is an event going on in the hotel. Not quiet and relaxing.

I think you have to decide whether you want quiet and relaxing or restaurants within walking distance.

A compromise might be the Beverly Hills Hotel which is not in the middle of the B.H. business/shopping district but also not as isolated at the Bel Air Hotel.
Old Dec 20th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your advice. Now I have booked the Penninsula. It's our last holiday for a while as baby #2 is on the way so I really want to make the most of it!