Disneyworld - FORT WILDERNESS CABINS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a trip to WDW in May 2005.

We will have 5 in our party (3 adults - 2 kids). The children will be 5 and 8 when we travel.

I read that the Fort Wilderness Cabins are the most cost effective option for a family of 5 or more.

Anyone stayed here?
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 05:48 AM

disboards.com is THE place on the web to ask this question. Plus you'll pick up more information that anyone needs to know about WDW. I've never stayed there but from every thing that I've read and from friends who have stayed there in the past these cabins are comfortable, clean,and have lots of activities available. The only complaint I have ever heard is that the transportation can be complicated.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 08:23 AM

Our family stayed there last year and really liked... with one exception. I think its fairly new, because it was about the cleanest resort I?ve ever stayed in. The 2 bedroom suite we stayed in had nicer furnishing than our home. Full kitchen, comfortable couch and beds. There was even a wonderful walk out balcony overlooking the large pine forest grounds. There were tons of kids and they all seemed to love the restaurant in the lobby (which really had great BBQ). My only complaint, first you have to understand I?m not a big ?Disney? vacationer and only get to the subtropics once a year, is that they did such a great job creating a ?mountain resort? feel (down to smell of wood fires in the air) that I didn?t feel like I was in tropical Florida ? where I wanted to be. Pine tree rather than Palm. Hickory rather than Cyprus. I felt like I was in a Smoky Mountains resort in the late summer, which is great IF that is what you want. I think something more like the Beach Club is to my tastes. IF you want a super nice, kid friendly (even more by Disney standards) resort that feels like a HUGE cabin resort and is a little bit out of the congestion, then this is for you.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 08:40 AM

chimiler - Based on your description it sounds like you stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Villas not the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds. Just didn't want carluglenn to be confused. But those Home Away From Home villas at the Boardwalk, Key West, Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club are all very nice and another option for a group this size.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 07:25 AM

Oh, you're right sorry about that.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 08:00 AM

I was just in a Fort Wilderness cabin two weeks ago. They're great, and the children will love the experience. If you're within walking distance of the arcade/food area, all the better!

Enjoy!