Search

Vero Beach, FL-Advice please on lodging on the beach

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vero Beach, FL-Advice please on lodging on the beach

Hello,

We are considering a stay on Vero Beach this winter and have questions regarding three resorts. We have read conflicting stories about two resorts: The Disney Vero Beach and The Driftwood. The one resort that I have not read anything on is The Reef Ocean Resort. Is this a "well kept up" place as it seems the Driftwood and Disney-Vero Beach have had some issues with upkeep? We have stayed at what used to be the Doubletree property which has now changed into The Vero Beach Hotel and Club so we know (and like) Vero Beach. We are simply looking for advice on the Reef Ocean Resort vs The Driftwood (and possibly vs Disney-Vero Beach). Any advice would be welcome! Thanks
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

At the risk of being pushy, I am topping this in the hopes of getting some feedback soon. We have a room on a courtesy hold and we would very much like to make a firm decision.
Thanks again for any and all comments.

The Ocean Reef Resort sounds sounds great, but at $163/night for their top Ocean Front 1 bedroom (during high season), it sounds almost too good to be true. I know that it is a timeshare rental and not a hotel, but I guess that I would like some stronger assurances.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 02:10 PM

Topping
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 11:18 AM

topper
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 11:42 AM

I can only comment on the Driftwood as I stayed there about three years ago. One of the waitresses was swimming topless in the pool in front of my 13 year old nephew. She appeared drunk and she told him to get lost. It's a very laid back type of place. I can honestly say the rooms had sand fleas in them. My daughters and my ankles were all bit up. I think a better choice would be the old DoubleTree. That is next to the Driftwood which is in an excellent location (Disney is not near very much - or at least it wasn't three years ago!) We had lunch at the Disney resort. It is a beautiful resort. If you are with kids they would have a great time!
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 06:25 PM