Reload this Page >

Questions about Belize

Search

Questions about Belize

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:31 AM
Shaggy

Questions about Belize

I have a few questions about Belize and was hopeing some of you who have been can answer them?

1. When is the best time to go weatherwise?
2. What are some good lodging choices? (150.00-250.00 night.)
3. It seems pretty primative--are they're any real dangers, ie, wildlife.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:36 AM
Iza

Try posting these questions on the Latin American board instead of here.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:31 AM
Duh

You realize that Belize is not in the United States

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:03 PM
Jenny

Shaggy -
I came across your question and I hope I can be of some assistance. I went to Belize for 10 days a few years ago and absolutely loved it. My family and I spent 3 days in the rainforest at a resort called Chaa Creek (www.chaacreek.com) in San Ignacio in the Cayo District. Mayan ruins are close by and Guatamala isn't too far away. The remainder of the trip was spent on South Water Caye (pronounced "key") at the Blue Marlin Lodge (www.bluemarlinlodge.com), which is on the barrier reef. Both Chaa Creek and Blue Marlin are superb places that I highly recommend. The owners and the staff (one in the same here) were exceptional. We went in August and the weather was beautiful. However, the summer months are also the prime months of hurricane season, so take this into consideration. Wildlife is not a danger if you treat everything (and everyone) with respect...and common sense. I would suggest www.belize.com or www.travelbelize.org for more information. Enjoy!

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 03:06 AM
shaggy

Thanks Jennifer.

Duh--I just wanted to get some insight from some of the regulars here on the US board. Sorry to have upset you.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Owen O'Neill

Shaggy - you'll find lots of good info from regular Belize travelers who post at www.belizeforum.com - I used it for the bulk of my research and just returned last night from my first trip to Belize (also my first trip outside the US). Had an amazing time and will post a trip report in the Latin America Fodor's forum later this week.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 05:44 AM
gotobelize

shaggy-
it isn't so much upsetting --as someone tried to direct you to the right forum so someone would answer you.
try to be more polite and that will help also.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:31 AM
GP

Hi Shaggy

I went to Belize a few years back. Like Jenny I really enjoyed myself. We went in October and had great weather but you can get hurricanes at that time of year. I hear Dec through April is high season. We stayed at duPlooys in Cayo and Kittys down in Placencia and can recommend them both. You are right it is not a High Class place but I do not think it is dangerous. You can get a lot of information from the sites that Jenny listed also Lan Sluder at Belize First is very helpfull his web site is http://www.belizefirst.com/. Also lot of helpful people here http://www.belizeforum.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi
If you like adventure in your travel Belize is a place to go.

Have Fun
GP