Reload this Page >

Question?Texas-Mexico border???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:51 PM
judy

Does anyone know which TX border town into Mexico you would go to to purchase wrought iron outdoor furniture? I really don't won't to go far inside Mexico, prefer border towns only if possible. Thanks.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Larry

Gosh, Judy, I'm stumped. I'm familiar with many border towns but don't know where to suggest. Reynosa, across from us here in McAllen, is the biggest and I'm sure must have some thing, but I can't think of where to tell you to look. I would suggest Progresso, just south of Weslaco, cause it is so easy to get across the bridge and is a tourist hangout with everything right over the bridge, but I don't recall wrought iron furniture. They must have some but can't think if I have seen any. Where in Texas are you coming from?

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 11:24 AM
rrrrrr

you dont need to go to mexico to get those alot of places in south texas like corpus and others have these.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Christie

Keep in mind that while such furniture (if you can find it) might be cheaper in Mexico, you will have to pay some customs duty on it when you bring it back across. Plus, you'll have to sit in a long line at the international bridge, too.

My in-laws live in Del Rio, TX across from Cd. Acuna, and my husband and I have spent a lot of time across the river. I've never seen wrought iron patio furniture for sale there.

Now if you want some cheap T-shirts or a bottle of tequila, I can tell you exactly where to look!

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Juan

Christie,

You are incorrect, you only have to pay duty on over $400 in merchandise and if there are two of you then over $800 worth. I would recommend going across wherever it is most convienient for you, find a local guide, tell them what you are looking for and let them find it for you. Something like wrought iron furniture should not be too terribly difficult to find, especially since they have it in the courtyard of the mercado in Neuvo Laredo, hey, maybe you can buy theirs!