Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Public transportation from Frisco, Colorado to Vail?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2011, 08:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We want to be able to travel from Frisco where we are staying to Vail in the evening for dinner or apres ski. Is there any way to do this without driving?
Thank you
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 04:58 AM

People from San Francisco hate for their city to be called Frisco and San Fran. This is due to a provincial newspaperman named Herb Caen, who led the charge against the diminutive forms of the City's name. That is why I think San Francisco is at once one of America's most sophisticated and provincial towns.
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 05:10 AM

Geez, Adu. Get a grip. That is hilarious--AND talk about provincial!! Do you have one of those maps they sell in Times Square of a New Yorker's view of the US!! LOL
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 05:26 AM

That map was a New Yorker cover from the 1970's. And please tell me otherwise that San Franciscans do not get annoyed get when their city is called Frisco or San Fran. And how silly is that and it is due to that old crab Herb Caen. That is akin to pool players wearing tuxedos yars ago for major tournaments so they could gain respect for their game.

And NY'ers will rarerly deny anything bad that is said about the city if it is true. Yes we are provincial and the world's greatest city. And I love San Francsico and have visited it more than a dozen times, but I try to be truthful, not provincial.
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 08:46 AM

I do believe the OP is talking about the town of Frisco, CO, not San Francisco, for chrissakes.

And I don't think there is a bus from Frisco to Vail. The Summit Stage buis line goes to various other Summit County ski resorts such as Breckenridge, Keystone and Copper Mountain, but not Vail. It's 27 mi. to Vail from Frisco.
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 08:54 AM

This post is not about San Francisco. You might note the OP is asking about day trips to Vail, the post is tagged Colorado, and it's about apres-ski. Yes, there is a ski town named Frisco in CO.

Anyway. Springstraveler, you're going to need a car. There is a daily ski shuttle service between Frisco, but it's a once per day trip.
http://www.freshtrackstransportation.com/

There are taxis and private shuttles, but they are very expensive. You can probably rent a car in the Frisco area for a couple days, and just go then.
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 09:49 AM

Sorry, I apologize. But who ever heard of San Francisco, CO. Just kidding.
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 10:33 AM

CYA but not very well, Provincial Pete. And that poster is older than the 70's.
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 07:59 AM

What an idiot! Obviously reading comprehension is a not required skill before starting a rant. And, sadly, there is no public transportation to Vail in the later PM or evening. Breckenridge, Copper, Keystone are all linked via the free Summit Cty stage which is centered in Frisco. But, some good news, after 5 PM parking is free in Vail.
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 08:22 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
What a rant!

You could take a taxi -
http://www.townoffrisco.com/plan-you...ransportation/
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 11:13 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
I hear that the residents of Frisco hate when people confuse their city with San Francisco.

Adu, btw: that whole "Don't call it Frisco" thing is a bit of a joke. Which, if you were even remotely familiar with San Francisco and San Franciscans, you'd know.

I do agree with you, however, about not taking Herb Caen seriously. Few people who grew up in the Bay Area do so.
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 11:45 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
LucieV, do you have a good apres ski suggestion in San Francisco?