Notices

Providence, Rhode Island Restaurants

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 04:59 AM
ann

Providence, Rhode Island Restaurants

My parents will be in Providence over my mother's birthday, and I'm trying to help them find a nice place for dinner. Any recommendations for a "special occasion" restaurant? Italian would probably be first choice, and a place that accepts reservations is a must. Thanks for any suggestions!

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 07:07 AM
Beth

Al Forno would probably be my first suggestion - I think it fits all your requirements. Good Luck and Happy Celebrating!

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 07:48 AM
herself

Providence has so many great restaurants. Al Forno is good, but you can not make reservations. My favorites are:
Raphaels's, Capitol Grill and Cafe Nuovo. All are by the water, I love to go for a walk after dinner along the water and enjoy the lights of this beautiful city. Enjoy.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 09:05 AM
Brian

Two places in Federal Hill I would recommend, Eclectic Grill, and L'Epicureo Ristorante. Not sure about the reservations, but interesting menus, and good service.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 12:55 PM
AGM/Cape Cod

Our favorite restaurant in Providence is New Rivers on Steeple Street. It is a little place with a changing menu. Have the hot lemon tart for dessert it is to die for! You don't say when her birthday is but check out the schedule for the Providence Waterfire (waterfire.com) which is incredible and free.