princeville resort - special offer

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received an offer in the mail today from the princeville resort for 5 nights accomodations, $100 resort certificate and $185 Avis rental car certificate, complete offer for $798. Has anyone done anything like this before? We were on Kauai in Sept. but didn't stay at the princeville. Although it doesn't specifically say they want to sell us something I'm sure thats what the offer is for. I'm tempted to do it anyway. Would love to go back to Kauai.
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 07:08 PM

Was the offer actually from the Princeville Resort, or from a travel agent that will force you to buy grossly inflated airline tickets? If from the resort itself and with no other strings attached (a timeshare presentation?) you might give a call to look into it!
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 09:44 PM

Is it $798 per person (with double occupancy required) or $798 for 2 people?

Usually the "too good to be true" offers are cheap airfare but with an outrageously expensive hotel required.

I do smell a timeshare presentation, LOL. But I cannot imagine that the Princeville Hotel itself is selling time shares. Are you sure the offer is for a room in the actual hotel, not one of the condos in the Princeville area that is a timeshare?

If it's $798 total and it's at the P-ville Hotel, and you really really want to go back to Kauai, then I think it's a good deal even if you have to sit thru 90 minutes of timeshare hokum. Just Say No.
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

This came directly from the resort.I called them today and they told me this is not a timeshare presentation. It is for a mtn/garden view room at the Princeville hotel.The offer is good for 2 adults. Sounds like a good deal to me. We're going to use it for our 25th wedding anniversary.
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 07:17 PM

Yes, this seems to be an excellent deal. You will love it.
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 05:26 AM
iceeu2

So, how did you get this offer? Is it listed on their website...and is it for certain dates or days of the week?
I would think anyone would want to take advantage of this!

Old Oct 14th, 2003, 06:32 PM

Wish they'd send one to me ! Have a great anniversary trip.
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 12:26 PM

bizzyb, I was just wondering if you decided for sure to go for this offer? I just received a nearly identical offer for the Westin Maui in the mail, through the Starwood Preferred Guest Program. It is for 5 nights including $185 Avis rental car voucher and either a $100 resort credit or 8,000 bonus Starpoints, for $749. I was just wondering if it turned out to be a good deal for you, or if anyone else has any experience with this. It still seems like one of those "too good to be true" deals, but I have gone over and over the fine print and can't find anything wrong with it! Would appreciate any info anyone has...thanks!
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

shoe75, we haven't gone yet but I did put a deposit. We want to go in May 04 and they were not booking that far out yet. I also looked over the fine print to find a catch to this deal.I asked them several times if this was a time share presentation or if we had to attend any thing and they said no. Even if it is I think we'll survive. I still think its a pretty good deal.
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 06:48 AM

I too received this offer and after much "hand wringing" signed up for the offer and made a deposit....Here is some speculation....
Are you by chance a Starwood Platinum Member? Or a airline elite member? I am both Starwood Platinum and United 1K and was speculating that was the reason for the invitation. I also have been looking at the Starwood website and they are advertising "New Starwood Vacations"....perhaps that is the reason for the offer. Or maybe Hawaii just needs a tourism boost. Anyway, I could detect no necessary presentations and went for it!
Old Nov 16th, 2003, 06:39 AM

The Westin Maui one is absolutely a timeshare come-on. I know many people who have recieved this offer. You must give them 90 minutes of your time for a high pressure sales pitch to get the 8000 points. You get a terrace/garden view room over looking the parking lot usually. You are still in paradise and the Westin is not too shabby, trust me. We have done the timeshare presentation and it's lucky we have thick skin, but it was well worth the amount of points we recieved. You would choke if you knew what we recieved for it, but we are very frequent guests of this hotel so I guess that's why they gave us the amount of poits that they did.

I say go for it!
Old Nov 16th, 2003, 08:50 AM

Can the Princeville offer be used anytime or is it limited to a ceretain time?
Old Nov 16th, 2003, 03:11 PM

Old Nov 17th, 2003, 07:35 PM

You have 12 months to schedule your vacation...if you are not sure of a date you can just place a deposit snd then call back when you have a date.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

Yes, you have 12 months. They just called me to confirm a date for May 04. I had lots of arrival dates to choose from, weekday or weekend it didn't seem to matter. We'll be going May 19-24. I don't know how we were chosen to receive this offer. We are not Starwood members, but we do own a Marriott timeshare and we did go to Kauai in Sept. Excited to go back.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 04:46 PM

Just returned from the Princeville using this special offer and it was fantastic. I was a little leary about the low price, and wondered what the "catch" was, but found no strings attached, other than a very low pressure pitch to attend a "discovery program" aka vacation ownership program, which we declined. Had a very nice room, first floor, but still had a view of the bay and mountains. At about 1/4 the regular room cost we were very pleased.