Reload this Page >

Princeville Hotel dinner on beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2001, 05:14 AM
Jon

Has anyone done the dinner on the beach at the Princeville Hotel in Kauai? Is it worth the over $300 price? What is it like? (I'm thinking about doing it on my first night there on my honeymoon.)

Old May 24th, 2001, 06:11 PM
topper

Someone... please respond. I want to know too.

Old May 24th, 2001, 06:32 PM
A.M.

We stayed at the Princeville, and I saw where they do the dinner on the beach. They set up a little secluded tent with candlelight and wine, and you're facing the most beautiful scene you've ever scene (the "bali hai" mountain). However, you can have the same romantic experience 20 feet away by sitting in a hammock under some palm trees with a drink from the pool bar looking at the exact view. So I don't know if it is really worth $300. I'd spend the money on one of the helicopter trips.

Old May 25th, 2001, 04:44 AM
Kristy

I have never done it but I know people who have. I was really into it but then we decided that we'd have the hotel prepare us a nice picnic basket (99% of the hotels are more than willing to do this - note necessarily a basket but more of a doggy bag) and we'd take it out to the beach ourselves. It's a great compromise for us because it's not nearly as $$$ and just as romantic.

Kristy

Old May 25th, 2001, 07:47 AM
kwl

I can tell you that we would have done it in a heartbeat if we were staying at the Princeville. After dinner one evening at the resort, we wandered the grounds and saw the set-up. You have your own cabana down on the shore, with the waves lapping at the edge. It is just the two of you, candelight, stars and romance all around. And, I'm sure that the food is just as good as in the main restaurant, and maybe a bottle of champagne too. Although I can't give you any personal experience, I would recommend it. The next time we go to Kauai, we are staying at the Princeville and are splurging for the dinner. Have a wonderful honeymoon!

Old May 31st, 2001, 02:42 PM
topper

I've almost made up my mind to do it. Should I call the hotel before I go to make a reservation? What is a reasonable tip? I've never had a $300 dinner!