Priceline for hotels in NYC?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am traveling to New York next month, and the general consensus here seems to be to use Priceline to find my hotel. Because I am traveling for business, I am not willing to be flexible about sharing a bathroom. In your experience, has Priceline ever booked you in a hotel with a shared bathroom? Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:14 AM

With Priceline you get to pick what class of hotel you want to stay in - 5*, 4* etc. I doubt very much if they have any hotels without private baths - and even if they do you would never get one without that being listed as a possibility for that category (1*?).

If you want to use Priceline you should go to one of the info sites - biddingfortravel,com etc - to understand how the process works.

Separately, December is the busiest time of year in NYC and it is not very likely that priceline will have much - or anything - available then at a reasonable rate. (For example, I believe that for the weekend of Dec 3-5th there is very little left in the city for under $500 per night.)

Since time is so short I would try to get a cancellable reservation at a hotel immediately - and then go back and see if its possilbe to get anything through Priceline. Also, you may want to check out Quikbook - which usually has good offers for NYC - if there is anything available.
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:26 AM

NO there are NO shared bathrooms on NYC 3 or 4 star hotels. But it is common for only one bed.
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:36 AM

Priceline does not offer rooms with shared baths, in any location at any star level.
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! I love this site--you guys are always so helpful.
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 07:04 AM

In this case, we're only providing info that's already available on PL's own web site.
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 07:16 AM
GoTravel

I don't think priceline participates with hotels that provide rooms with shared baths. Here is the 1 Star Rating Information from Priceline's site:

Priceline's 1 star hotels are national name-brand and quality independent hotels that focus on the budget conscious traveler.

These are generally low-rise hotels located near major attractions, convenient intersections or major interstates. Furnishings are basic, clean and in good condition. Restaurants are either on site or close-by.

1 Star hotel examples:
The hotel brands shown below are for example only and may not be partnered with priceline.com. You may get another name-brand or independent hotel of equivalent quality.

• Rodeway Inns • EconoLodge • Super 8
• Sleep Inn • Red Roof Inn