Priceline

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 08:51 AM
sean

Priceline

Can uk residents bid for hotel rooms on Priceline?If you need a quadroom/suite,is it risky to book thru' Priceline and then try to negotiate with the hotel for a larger room?

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 12:29 PM
Brant

sean, do NOT bid for a room and hope to banter for a larger room later! The Priceline contract specifically states that you get "run of house" rooms. The hotel can put you in a room with two twin beds, if necessary!

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 03:26 PM
sean

Thanks Brant
I will bid for 2 rooms if I can-but will I be allowed to bid from the UK?
The site is silent on this issue-but it won't accept my bids

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 04:47 PM
Lori

I've heard of people bidding from the UK through Priceline successfully. I think the secret is formatting your address to fit in the spaces provided. You may find some help at the Priceline bidding board at:
http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelinean...iabidding.html

I agree that it would be very risky to bid for one room for 4 people. I've bid for 2 rooms when it was just us and the 2 kids and we were glad we did, as all the hotel had available was rooms with 1 king-sized bed.

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 10:22 PM
barbara

I contacted priceline and they told me they were not open to bidding from outside the US (I'm from Holland)
I told them that was stupid, for isn't this one of the great opportunities of the Internet? No boundaries??????
barbara
WOuld like to hear from any europeans who DID succeed, and how did it work out with the payments??

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 02:56 PM
Annie

There are still problems sometimes using credit cards from one country on a web site of a company based in another country. That's not to say I haven't done it, but there are some quirks that do exist. Why not call a friend in the States and have them bid for you? That's how the first Pokemon board game made it to Belfast (Amazom. com wouldn't ship the game outside the U.S.).

Old Nov 24th, 2000, 01:08 AM
sean

Thanks everyone
I have just discovered Priceline.co.uk
it is only offering flights at the moment but promises hotel rooms are coming soon