COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

San Francisco Hotel Choice

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 07:33 AM
Jody

San Francisco Hotel Choice

I am wondering if someone might be able to help me with choosing a hotel in San Francisco.

We will be travelling to SF in early December, and had narrowed the hotel choices to the following: Hotel Boheme, Savoy Hotel, Majestic, or the Shannon Court Hotel. Any recommendations re: these hotels or any other hotels you can recommend under $160 in San Francisco would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jody

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 01:03 PM
Parrot Mom

If you can get in...I highly recommend the Andrews Hotel on Post Street..a block or two from Union Square..their prices are in your ballpark if not lower.. Each a.m.there is a huge buffet continental breakfast on each floor.. and in the p.m. a glass of wine is available at the attached restaurant, Fino..We were there for the second time last year at the same time your talking about..

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 11:00 AM
George

I recommend the Cornell Hotel (cornellhotel.com). We stayed there a couple of summers ago. Its a very nice small Euro style hotel. Owners are French. Very reasonable price that includes breakfast. Just a couple of blocks to Union Sq. and just a few steps to the cable car line.

Old Nov 23rd, 2000, 07:09 AM
wendy

I was in SFO 2 years ago and I stayed at the Handerly Union Square Hotel. Very nice and only 1 block from Union Square. I also saw the Majestic while there, also very nice. It was the cover feature of the quarterly magazine Resorts & Great Hotels in 98.

Hope this helps.

Old Nov 24th, 2000, 05:20 AM
John

Hi Jody:

I go to SF at least once a month, although I stay in So. SF when I go, I once and a while check out for bargins in downtown. I use HOTELRES.COM. It is very easy to find great deals. I will be styaing at the Hilton in Union Square in December. They had a great rate of $149/night. Huge hotel in a great spot. Give the site a shot before you pick your hotel
JOHN