Search

pre dinner drinks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pre dinner drinks

Hi can anyone suggest a romantic place for drinks.I am taking my husband for dinner at chanterelle and want to go out for a drink firstChanterelle is downtown as most of you know. Thanks
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 07:31 PM

What city?
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 03:32 PM

The Tribeca Grand. I also think it's not far from Scalini Fedeli but don't know if they have a bar.
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 04:22 PM

Don't ask for a dry robroy at the Tribeca Grand. I was sitting at the bar there and ordered a "Dewar's dry robroy stright up, please". He finally brought me a drink made with sweet vermouth. I called the bartender over and said I was sorry but that I ordered a dry robroy. He reamed me out and said I needed to learn my drinks. "A robroy IS made with sweet vermouth" he said. "Yes, but I ordered a DRY robroy which is made with dry vermouth". "I know you ordered it dry, so I didn't use much vermouth" he argued. He grumbled some more and walked away cursing under his breath. When he brought back a proper one, he said once more "next time if you want one made with DRY vermouth say so." I've been drinking them all over the US longer than this guy has been old enough to make them. The guy next to me said "what was that all about? Of course a DRY robroy is made with dry vermouth!"
But if you stick to the trendier Cosmos or whatever the drink of the moment is, I'm sure he'll be able to mix that!
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 04:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
try a Lillet.