Pre-baby relaxing/luxury weekend.

Feb 28th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Pre-baby relaxing/luxury weekend.

My husband and I are expecting a baby this summer and want to take a final, pre-baby weekend together in the beginning of July. We live an hour north of San Francisco and would probably only go as far south as Santa Barbara, as we would be driving, not flying. We want a warm location, preferably near the beach, very relaxing and luxury/top notch. I'm considering Ventana in Big Sur, maybe Villagio in Yountville and some locations in Santa Barbara. Any suggestions for a final, baby free, relaxing weekend together??
Feb 28th, 2006, 10:03 AM

You may live very close to where I'm suggesting, but I cant imagine anywhere nicer than the Elk Cove Inn in Elk, which is just above Gualala.
What a beautiful place with spectacular scenery. Website:www.elkcoveinn.com
Feb 28th, 2006, 11:07 AM

what about the gaige house inn in sonoma county http://www.gaige.com/ - truly an amazing place - the best breakfasts - we loved it. or how about post ranch inn
http://www.postranchinn.com/ didn't stay there - just had a drink in the bar - looks amazing.

my advice: don't be afraid to splurge on this last outing... it will be a long time before you'll be able to do it again.

(as a proud mother of a 4 month old and 4 year old, we set our sights on kid friendly places now!)
Mar 1st, 2006, 02:52 PM

Four Seasons Biltmore in Santa Barbara
Bacara in Santa Barbara
Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur
Coronado Hotel in San Diego
Catalina Island

...just some ideas...
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have a reservation at the Post Ranch Inn already, and will check out these other places as well.
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:16 AM

I would HIGHLY recommend the Post Ranch Inn. It's heaven on earth. So unbelievably relaxing and beautiful. Excellent spa and restaurant. Relaxing by the basking pool would be perfect. It's my favorite place on earth. Congratulations!
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:14 PM

Ojai Resort and Spa has a maternity bliss package that I've always thought sounded like a nice pre-baby indulgence. The resort has plenty more to offer as well. It may be too far a drive (though north of Los Angeles). But, Post Ranch Inn sounds like a great idea too. And, congratulations!
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:42 PM

I agree that the Post Ranch Inn would be luxurious, but you are aware that it is high on the cliffs, not on a beach and that in July the central coast may well be foggy, meaning you would not only lose the beach, but the views as well. You did say you wanted "warm" and "beach". I would make the same comments about Ventana (I live in Santa Cruz.)
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

I did consider the whole fog issue. I must say, I'm a huge fan of sunshine and beach and would be disappointed if it was fogged in and chilly. Thanks for the heads up.