Pool pass for Hilton Waikoloa?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all! I am planning a trip for myself and my 6-year-old son to the Big Island the last week of August. We will be staying in a condo with an okay pool, but I was wondering if it's possible to purchase a day pass to use the pools at the Hilton Waikoloa one day as a special treat. Do any of you experienced travelers know? If it is possible - do they ever sell out of the passes? Can I reserve one ahead of time? Thanks for your help, Aly
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Oops, I forgot to add that I was thinking of a day at the Hilton as a good option for our last day of vacation (we have to check out of our condo at 11 and our flight doesn't leave until evening). If a pool pass is available - do you know if it would include use of showers, etc. so we could freshen up before our flight? Thanks for any help! Aly
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 07:29 AM

ALy, just e-mail the Hilton concierge and find out. If it doesn't work out, go to Hapuna Beach or A-Bay for the day.
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks patg, I did call the Hilton and they said they do offer day passes at $80/day for up to 4 people (there will only be 2 of us, so sounds kind of steep). She also said there will not be any passes available if the hotel is fully booked and it's not possible to reserve any.
Pardon my ignorance but where is A-Bay? Does anyone know if Hapuna or A-Bay have showers (still trying to figure out what to do with our last day without a hotel room - suggestions very welcome!) Thanks!
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 08:25 AM

I know that Hapuna has outside showers with changing rooms inside the bathrooms. I don't remember about A-Bay.
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 11:09 AM

A-Bay is the beach fronting what is now the Marriott Outrigger Waikaloa Beach Resort - There are public restrooms at the public end athe the parking lot which should have showers. There is also a shower pole right by the activities desk on the walkway to the hotel. The Hotel also has a bathroom with shower near it that would be easy to use. Hapuna is a better all around beach for lounging and waves - A-Bay is good for windsurfing, relaxing and if it is really calm with no recent rain the snorkelling is great way out in the bay. Rain water/fresh water mixes with the saltwater slowly on top of the surface and makes the visibility poor - also the sandy bottom gets stirred up easily by waves and wind making it murky.