Hilton Waikoloa (Big Island) for non-guests

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the Hilton Waikoloa allows non-guests to use their facilities? I figure it would be okay for us to wander around there & go to their restaurants, but is it possible for non-guests to get a day pass to access the pool, beachfront, etc? We are staying at Waikoloa Beach Villas for the week, and though they have a pool, thought our kids might enjoy frolicking at the Hilton's pool & lagoon just for the day.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 11:16 AM

When I checked (two years ago) the Hilton did offer a day pass for the pools. I believe it was around $80 per person. I'd give them a call and find out if it is still offered before the kids see the pools and grounds.

The Hilton does not have a beachfront area that is good for swimming. You can go to A-Bay where the Marriott is located or for a gorgeous beach head to Hapuna which is about 15 - 20 minutes from the Hilton.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 12:36 PM

I hate to play devil's advocate, but my husband and I stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa and there is no ID card/bracelet that identifies you as a guest -- so, in turn, I can't think of how they'd monitor who does and doesn't belong there. Of course, that's not the most ethical way to go and doesn't guarantee you'll get in...but if you're willing to pay the $$ anyway, might as well play the, "Omigosh, I had no idea...can I pay for a guest pass, then?" game.
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 09:58 PM

I was just there and it looked like there were plenty of folks with non-Marriott towles at the pool. There is a water slide so the attendant may ask them for a bracelet, but overall the staff is pretty laid back.
You definitly do not need anything at the beach to use the chairs. No one from the hotel manages the chairs at the beach.
Enjoy the many sea turtles at the beach!