Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Pls. recommend a restaurant in DC / N.Virginia

Pls. recommend a restaurant in DC / N.Virginia

Oct 1st, 2000, 06:30 PM
Kurt

Pls. recommend a restaurant in DC / N.Virginia

Hi!
I would like to surprise a friend of mine with a restaurant gift certificate for his 40th. birthday. He is a recent widower & his 2 younger kids would be celebrating their 6th. & 8th. birthday the same week. They live in the Fairfax area. I'm willing to spend up to $150; the only condition being that I would be able to purchase the gift certificate online. So far, Clydes seems to be the only chain of restaurants within the vicinity that seems to offer an online gift purchase. Would you recommend this restaurant or is there somewhere else more special? I would appreciate any feedback / suggestions. Thanks!

Kurt

Oct 2nd, 2000, 12:08 AM
sand

hi there is a fairly new restaurant that families et al are enjoying called the melting pot. it is a fondue place. i havent been yet ., but i work with a lot of families and they are raving. there are multi courses that get dipped with skewers into cheese, sauces, even a dessert course where you can dip fruit and cheesecake , etc. into chocolate. one is in hernon/reston , va. the other is in arlington, va. i have no idea if you can order by internet. you might also try the cheesecake factory but it would be a drive. to friendship heights. oh, another good choice and i bet they are on the web is maggiano's. they serve big platters family style.-Italian in tysons corner,va. clydes is not a kid friendly place

Oct 2nd, 2000, 05:35 AM
kurt

Sand,

Thank-you for responding & for your advice. I appreciate it.

Kurt

Oct 2nd, 2000, 06:44 AM
Dave

I would reccomend the Melting Pot in Reston over the one in Arlington. I have eaten at both several times and the branch in Reston has far better service. I think that the kids would enjoy a meal there. Maggianos is also very good, however make sure the kids order a 1/2 order, the portions are enormous!

Oct 2nd, 2000, 05:54 PM
Kurt

Dave,
I'll check out the places you've recommended. Thanks.

Regards,
Kurt

Search this Thread