Please Help With These DC Marriotts

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2005, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a trip to DC in September, and we've narrowed it down to the following Marriotts (We have points to use):
Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town
Key Bridge Marriott
Wardman Park Marriott
Residence Inn DC/Vermont Ave
Residence Inn DC Capitol
Marriott Metro Center
I would greatly appreciate any feedback you could give me on any of these hotels.
Thanks so much in advance.
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 04:54 AM

Much depends on what activities you prefer, but in terms of general convenience for most touring, the Metro Center Marriott is tough to beat.
Was the JW not an option?

If you don't want to be in the heart of downtown, the Wardman Park location is a quieter but in a nice area with excellent Metro connection.

Old Town Alex is also a lot of fun as a base if you want to stay just outside of DC.
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 05:08 AM

I agree, Marriott Metro Center would be my choice; we've stayed there and it was everything we'd hoped. Comfortable, clean, great staff. It's a half-block from the Metro stop that's the intersection of 4 lines; can't get any more convenient than that!

Wardman Park is a huge conference hotel with lovely landscaping, near the Woodley Park Metro stop on the Red Line; a few minutes' walk to the Zoo (they have a new baby panda!) and near a strip of interesting restaurants, but not handy to anything else.
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 05:25 AM

I would also vote for the Wardman Park - its near lots of great restaurants in the Adams Morgan section of DC. It's also one of the prettier Marriots and it's near a metro stop. The Zoo is a great perk - don't miss it (but you probably won't be able to see the baby panda for about 3 months...Mei Xiang (the mom) and cub are only viewable by a video cam until the cub is older).
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 07:45 AM

I've stayed at all of these for business plus all of the other Marriotts in DC. My best experience is always at the Residence Inn in Dupont Circle. The staff is great and the neighborhood is terrific at nite ....lots of restaurants in a very close proximity. Marriott Metro is a few blocks away, but it's a very tired old property...you'll end up walking over to Dupont Circle if you stay there !
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 08:15 AM

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but you all seem so knowledgeable...

any opinions about the DC Mandarin, as far as location, quality, etc? We would like to be able to walk to the mall or at least the nearest Metro stop to hit the museums and monuments. Thanks.

Old Jul 13th, 2005, 07:27 PM

If you are planning to spend most of your time on the mall, around the Smithsonian and at the memorials/monumnets, I would say go with Metro Center. It is so easy and plenty comfortable.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 05:25 AM

Yawn - do you mean the Mandarin Oriental? If so, the location is pretty good - it's walking to the mall and a few blocks from the nearest metro. It also has one of the "hip" new bars in the lobby, which I've been to once. I haven't seen the rest of the inside of the hotel.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 05:38 AM

If you want to be convenient to the mall, I would choose the Marriott Metro Center. plus if you choose that one, you will be within steps of the metro to travel around the area if you wanted.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much, everyone for your responses. This helps us a lot.