Please Help me with Santa Monica Hotels!

Jul 14th, 2001, 01:10 PM
Luna

Please Help me with Santa Monica Hotels!

My husband & I are travelling to Los Angeles in November & are having a problem deciding what hotel to choose. I have heard Santa Monica or the West LA are the best places to stay. Can someone please make some recommendations? We have had the following recommended so far..please comment! THANKS

Holiday Inn Santa Monica
Beverly Hilton
Le Merigot in Santa Monica
Radisson Huntley in Santa Monica
Westin Century Plaza in Century City?
Renaissance Beverly Hills

Which of these would be a good choice?? Is parking a problem??

Please let me know...

Jul 16th, 2001, 02:19 PM
Robin

I've been to Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica and always enjoy it. Verify the location of your room though- they are all nice inside but some first floor rooms are sort of in a cave. The rooms all have a beach-y, summer cottage sort of look.

The new place across the way (whose name slips my mind-- it's sort of Italian looking) looks wonderful, and has an equally good location.

These places have parking, but it is expensive, and you must use the valet to get in and out-- can be time consuming.

Jul 16th, 2001, 02:41 PM
BillJ

If you like B&B's, one of the best, IMO, is the Chanel Road Inn, Santa Monica. About one block up from the beach.

Jul 26th, 2001, 05:22 PM
Kris Putnam

Do not stay at the Shangri-La hotel in Santa Monica. I was insulted by the hotel management who told me he did not care if he lost my business (I complained about not being able to access the balcony because the door was stuck shut and asked for a small discount), since he apparently has movie stars staying there, and I am not an "important person" (I'm not kidding). Too bad because it's a nice place and I would have gone back. If you can afford it, Shutters is nice. Santa Monica is a fun place to walk around, shop, good restaruants, nice beach, etc. Have fun.

Jul 26th, 2001, 05:44 PM
Terry

I stayed at the Shangi-La a couple weeks ago and out stay was fantastic. We had a room with a balcony and it worked fine. It was our third stay there and the management left a bottle of wine and fruit in our room on arrival. Great views and worth the money. They do cater to a more upscale group. Enjoy Santa Monica

Jul 27th, 2001, 03:46 PM
xxx

Stayed at Shangri-La 3 times and it's the best (if you like hotels with great balconies, views, slightly shabby, grandma furniture at a great price.)