Please help me get discounts for the Maui Ulalena and Old Lahaina Luau

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My DH and myself are planning to visit Maui in April. We would love to go to the Maui Ulalena and Old Lahaina Luau. Can anyone please suggest how can I get discounts for these two events?
Thanks a lot. Mahalo!
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 06:29 AM

I am almost positive they give you a discount if you show your AAA card. If you don't have one then obviously you can't get it. The show and food were great. I would recommend getting a table and not sitting down on the ground because I noticed allot of people getting stiff sitting on the ground.
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 07:02 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hmmm... we got our Ulalena tickets discounted as part of the Pleasant Hawaiian package we had (excellent show BTW). I didn't think OLL offered discounts (from other posts I have read here before)?
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 11:09 AM

`Ulalena tickets can be found discounted all over the island. I've gotten the day of the show for a song. Pleasant Hawaiian and Expedia activity desks will have them, and if you are invited to a welcome breakfast go. This is where you can get lots of discounts. As for OLL, they don't dicount. With a AAA card you get a mug, but not a discount. They sell out far in advance.
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your prompt responses.
I do have AAA membership. I think I would definitely make an advance reservation for the OLL. Is there website http://www.oldlahainaluau.com the best way to make the reservation? Also I need to choose between the traditional cushion seating or the table seating. What I have heard is that the traditional seating is closer to the show, but the table chair seating is little far away from the shows. Is that true?
For the Ulalena show, how much should I expect to spend? If you know of any website that sells them at discounted rate, please post here. Thank you very much in advance for all the comments! Mahalo
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

here_today_gone2Maui:
Thanks for your tips. Where can I find Pleasant Hawaiian and Expedia activity desks? and what is a welcome breakfast?

Thanks
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 08:44 PM

Hi dnas;
We booked our airfare and car (but not lodging) thru Pleasant hawaiian Holidays, and the first morning after arrival they have a free breakfast (good food) at a hotel, where they offer activities and shows, at a discount if you book then. They have an activity desk at one of the hotels in Kaanapali, and maybe in Lahaina too. "Ulalena" was great--whole family loved it!
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 09:37 PM

You can look and see if the gold card at www.goldcard.hawaiifun.org offers the discounts you are looking for.