Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Discounts for Old Lahaina Luau and Warren & Annabelle Show

Jan 27th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Are there any?
I've checked the entertainment book website (did a search and came up empty).
Also googled and froogled 'til I'm about to lose my noodle!
It seems $85 is the going rate for the luau and $80 for the W&A show. Can this be beaten? Thanks! OSB.
Jan 27th, 2005, 07:07 PM

OLL does not discount, except in the case of group bookings. I do not believe W&A do either. Both sell out regularly and far in advance and do not need to discount to fill the empty seats.
Jan 27th, 2005, 09:14 PM
KVR

Actually, tickets for the Warren and Annabelle show is $45.00. If you want to add the food options before the show then it becomes $72.95 or $79.95 You do not have to buy the food. Drinks are served and paid seperatly.

We purchased the $79.95 package and enjoyed the food option. We ate there instead of going some where before hand for dinner.

We went to the Old Lahaina Luau based on several recommendations from several message boards and was highly disappointed. The food was terrible (bland tasting) the show was just OK. We would have preferred a show with the fire dancers. Knowing now, I would not pay $80+ for this luau.
Jan 27th, 2005, 11:14 PM

OLL does not have fire dancer because the OLL's show is Hawaiian. The fire knife dance is Samoan. The Royal Lahaina calls itself a "Polynesian Revue" and the Feast at Lele has food and entertainment from four different Polynesian societies, Hawai`i, Tonga, Samoa and Kahili (Tahiti). The others range from kitschy, Disney-esque shows to just what you'd expect a lu`au to be after growing up watching seventies prime time television--just like the Bradys, the Jeffersons, Sanford and Son and the rest went to on their Hawaiian adventure episode.

OLL tells the story of Hawai`i through hula and the history of Hawaiian hula from ancient chants to modern hapa hoale hula.

I think the OLL has some of the best dancers, chanters and musicians around. (Feast at Lele has equally skilled entertainers, the show is just much different.) The food seemed great to me, but that might just have been the maitais talking. Hey give me some fish, poi and some lomi salmon and I'm good!
Jan 28th, 2005, 01:47 AM

We just returned from our maui trip and we each received a $30 voucher for booking a Pleasant Hawaiian package deal through AAA. You can use the discount for a great number of shows/excursions. We used ours to get a $30 discount each off of the normal fee of $95 for the FEast at Lele, which we got for $70 or $75 each. I think they had the Old Lahaina Luau too.
Jan 28th, 2005, 03:48 PM

I had a very different experience than the poster above at the Old Lahaina Luau. I thought it was excellent all-around. The food is buffet and plentiful (and poi or raw marinated fish isn't supposed to be spicy -LOL!). The setting is beautiful and the event overall very well organized for such a BIG and complex combination of photos, drinks, dinner, show, dessert.

Jan 28th, 2005, 03:52 PM

Another excellent show which we were able to use our Pleasant Hawaii $30 discount coupon for is at the Maui Myth & Magic Theatre in Lahaina, for the show called Ulalena (thanks to a fellow Fodor poster for giving me the correct name recently). Cirque de Soile style history of the islands, unique and wonderful experience.
Jan 30th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! I was wondering what that Ulaleana was! Have my reservations now! OSB.
Jan 31st, 2005, 12:19 PM

There are lots of places to eat near Warren & Annabelle's. I would eat first and then go to the show instead of spending the extra $$ to eat there.