Search

Platiyo in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Platiyo in Chicago

Mia Francesca (along with the rest of Scott Harris' Francesca restaurants) is one of my favorite Italian restaurants. I also love Mexican and was wondering what people think of Platiyo. Also, wondering how it would be after a Cubs game. Is it dressy? are we better off going to El Jardin for traditional Mexican.
Old May 18th, 2004, 09:10 AM

My husband went to Platiyo a few years ago (when it just opened) and loved it. We decided to go for New Year's Eve this year and the food was abysmal. What a let down! I don't know if it was just that night, but I won't return. El Jardin is more traditional Mexican and would probably be more fun after the game. Watch out for the Margaritas, they are very potent.
Old May 18th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. Anyone else??
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:34 AM

My wife an I just ate at Platiyo the other day. ( it just happened to be after a cubs game - although we did not go to that game) I was impressed. I think it is a little bit of a rip off of Frontera Grill Downtown. but I still liked it. They have a Huge selection of tequlia and the margaritas are very good(I drink regular margaritas not strawberry and and not frozen - they are made here with very good tequlia)

I disagree with Rocky on Saying the El Jardin is more "Traditional" I belive the oposite El Jardin is more "Tex-Mex" Platayo is more authentic mexican.

as far as the cubs crowd goes - I think you should be able to get in without a problem, and you can go dressed casually. But I agree with Rocky that most post cubs game mexican food eating will be happening at El Jardin which is much less expensive, has an outdoor patio and is much more of a party atmosphere
Old May 20th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I thought it might be similar to Frontera. I think we will give it a try. It is an early game so we can hang out at one of the bars and then go there for dinner.