Pismo Beach Question

Search

Pismo Beach Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pismo Beach Question

I'm a northern California resident and will be visiting Pismo Beach with family as my daughter checks out Cal Poly. We actually will combine 2 families (2-4 teenagers) and spend a weekend at the beach mid April. We are looking at rentals and considering one in Oceano Dunes area. I was just wondering if we would find it noisy with vehicles on the beach. We enjoy walking, maybe kayaking, won't have ATVs. Also not sure if the teens might like to be closer to town. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 11:16 AM

We stayed at a rental on Oceano Dunes and found it very noisy from the vehicles - well, not so much noise but not safe to walk, etc. because of so much traffic on the beach. My family did rent ATV's there and enjoyed that, but I did not like the location for the rest of us that just like to be at the beach. Not safe IMHO for walking, especially for children.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, that is what I was wondering. What is it like closer to the pier?
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 12:02 PM

We have stayed in a couple hotels closer to the Pismo Beach pier and we like that. The beach is fun for adults and kids, and there are plenty of choices for eating within walking distance. Also, you have the hotel pool option for anyone who is not into sand or cold ocean swimming. I haven't rented a house in that area, just hotels. I love to visit there - I am from Northern California myself.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 01:20 PM

I live in the area and I'd recommend one closer to the pier than the dunes. It's nice to be able to walk to restaurants, shopping, etc.
Have fun at Cal Poly, too!
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 09:40 AM

You also might consider rentals in Avila Beach, which is usually warmer than foggy Pismo, or Morro Bay, which is only 10 miles from Cal Poly.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 09:52 AM

I agree that closer to the pier is better than the dunes. It is a nice beach there and if I remember correctly, the water is fairly shallow for a little ways out, so it is good for wading if the weather is warm.