Search

Phoenix to Grand Canyon and back

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phoenix to Grand Canyon and back

Hi Fodorites

i am in phoenix,az for a short while. i don't know how to drive a car but while i am here I wouldn't want to miss the chance of going to the Grand Canyons.

pls let me know if there is any form of public transportation,etc... to the Canyon so that I can plan a day trip to there and back to Phoenix.

thanks and best regards
ST
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 05:18 PM

This URL should be of help. However, it appears a day trip from Phoenix is out of the question.

www.openroadtours.com/shuttles/default.htm
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 05:27 PM

That is, if you want to tour on your own. If you're willing to travel with others, and see sites of no worth on a day trip other than to separate you from your money, then you can use

http://www.openroadtours.com/phoenix...rs/default.htm
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 06:18 PM

This is a 14-hour trip that may be of interest to you <http://www.grayline.com/Grayline/des...d=564&sid=532>.
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 07:04 AM

Yikes, I didn't care for either of the two trips linked. Several years ago in conjunction with a convention I did a one overnight trip to GC. We left fairly early, stopped at Montezuma's Castle were in Sedona for the afternoon (time enough for a Pink Jeep ride on our own), then Flagstaff for dinner and overnight. We got to the GC fairly early the next day and were dropped off at Bright Angel Lodge so we were on our own until about 2 or 3pm. It was nice to be ahead of most of the other tour buses. We saw the IMAX movie which I didn't think I would like but enjoyed a lot. Then dinner at some buffet place that tour buses like to stop and then we were delivered to the airport around 9pm in time for a red eye flight home.
I hope you can find a tour group that would do a little more than just the GC since it's a long ride to get there.
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 10:14 AM

I don't know anything about this company but if you have the time, here is a 2 day tour that includes Sedona - http://www.canyontours.net/tours/tou...m?tour_id=3885

They also offer a 14 hour trip to the Canyon. Good luck.