phoenix/scottsdale celebration dinner

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 07:37 AM
lsb
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phoenix/scottsdale celebration dinner

I will be traveling to Phoenix in October to celebrate my 40th birthday with my husband and children. A generous friend who lives in the area has offered to take my kids for one night so my husband and I can enjoy an adult dinner. Based on the travel guidebooks the following restaurants sounded interesting to me: Different Pointe of View , T. Cooks, Top of the Rock and Michael's at the Citadel. I am especially interested in a place that has a great view and/or atmosphere. I am from New York and would like a place that is unique to the area. This is a splurge night so price is not a big issue. Has anyone tried any or all of these places? Opinions? Thanks.
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 08:38 AM

ISB
For a very SPECIAL night...go to Mary Elaine's it is located at the Phoenician.....go early & have a cocktail on the veranda...overlooking the Valley of the Sun.....if the weather is cool enough there will be mesquite fires in the firepits. (not sure if the weather will cooperate for a romantic fire...it can still be in the 100's in October)
OR go to Lon's at the Hermosa Inn, while it doesn't have the valley view, it is located in Pardise Valley, with a beautiful desert setting....it is located in an old (Phoenix old....maybe 100 years) adobe home....check out the web-site.

www.lons.cyberitas.com

Happy Birthday!!!!
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 08:42 AM

Opps, that site doesn't seem to connect... try,

www.hermosainn.com
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 02:36 PM

You can't go wrong with any of the suggestions...I would go with Royal Palms, Different Pointe of View, Lon's or Mary Elaine's....all are superb!
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 05:52 PM
lsb
Original Poster

Does anyone know which of these restaurants have outside dining? Thanks.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 12:19 PM
ceg

If you are looking for a view and a nice dinner I would recommend Alchemy at the Cooperwynd resort in Fountain Hills. The scenery is spectacular, food great and they do have outdoor seating. There is no other view like it in the valley. Although it may be a little chilling in the evening in October. I would recommend having pre-dinner cocktails outside to watch the sunset and then have dinner inside. Check out the Cooperwynd website at www.cooperwynd.com
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:18 PM

All restaurants mentioned have outside seating, not sure about Copperwynd, but it would be a sure bet that it does too.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 09:12 PM

Hi Isb,
All of the restaurant mentioned here are wonderful establishments. You can't go wrong.
The ~Top of the Rock~ in Tempe has wonderful views of the city, nice ambiance. Of course, I love ~Michael's at the Citadel~ in north Scottsdale, but there is no view only wonderful food.
Enjoy.
Francie
Old Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:17 PM
Uma

Agree with Bailey. I would go to Mary Elaine's (actually, I do - every year for my birthday). Watch the sunset while you enjoy a wonderful dinner, and then go out on the veranda for drinks.
Or sit inside and listen to the pianist
in the lobby. Second choice would be
T. Cook's - nice ambience in a lovely
resort.
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 05:27 AM
lsb
Original Poster

Does anyone know what time the sun sets in October in Phoenix? Thanks for all the info.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 07:00 PM

I'm thinking around 6 p.m.? Someone else please help me out here.

Keep in mind that during the month of October it still will be warm. Evenings hovering around low 90s.