Search

Philadelphia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:05 AM
nadine

Philadelphia

Need some help with Philadelphia plans. Going to see a concert at the First Union Center and then would like to stay the weekend in Philadelphia. I'm not sure what area to book the hotel. Any suggestions? We will want to go into center city (i believe that what it's called), do some shopping (maybe south street - trendy stores), climb the "Rocky" steps, etc... Thanks!!

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:12 AM
jhm

What is your budget?

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:15 AM
jc

Nadine,
You should go to the Italian Market, during the day and while you are there go to the Saloon--750 S 7th St (215) 627-1811 very good food nice atmosphere a little pricey. You will be close to South St. from there.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:55 AM
xxx

Stayed at the Marriott,Omni,Westin and 4Seasons. Would go back to all except 4Seasons. Lovely place,but I wasn't knocked out for those prices.I understand that for some fun shopping(never been to) go to Manayunk(sp?). From a map it looks best to go by car, although there may be some city transportation.gophila is a good site.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 10:21 AM
phillylady

Go to Society Hill, South Street. Great restaurants. You might try doing a search in the text box. A lot of info has been given on restaurants and things to do. There is also Penns landing. If you come in summer it is a great place. Winter, will be quiet.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 07:56 AM
Wendy

I've had to go to Philly 3 times in the last 2 months and have been using Priceline. I've gotten both the Westin and the Loews Hotel for around $80 a night. You can check out biddingfortravel.com to see more info.

Wendy